360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Call Of Duty Developer Says Games Are Becoming Harder And More Expensive To Make
Register
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Call Of Duty Developer Says Games Are Becoming Harder And More Expensive To Make

call_of_duty_ghosts_building

Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin feels that games are now becoming harder to make and also more expensive to make as developers aim to produce AAA games which demand a much higher budget. Rubin says that consumers now want better graphics, they want more realistic looking art assets, and that all ultimately comes at a cost.

Its a scary thing, and Ill take my Call of Duty hat off for a second here, but games are becoming harder to make and more expensive to make. And I feel like smaller studios are having trouble. I cant speak for them, but I would think they are having trouble making big games that hit the big AAA market because theyre harder to do. People want better and better graphics, they want more realistic looking art assets, and that comes at a cost and thats a hard thing to have to deal with.
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 16106 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,446 Posts

Serious_M

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Call Of Duty Developer Says Games Are Becoming Harder And More Expensive To Make

of course they are too bad Call of Duty developers makes crappy games still :P lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22147 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Administrator
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: Call Of Duty Developer Says Games Are Becoming Harder And More Expensive To Make

Game Developers should stop crying, and start making (more) RPG games lmao.

Nice share man :p
    Downloads : 151 || Uploads : 12 || Rep Power : 6868 || Posts : 3,322 || Thanks : 488 || Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,282 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Game Developers should stop crying, and start making (more) RPG games lmao.

Nice share man :p

Pretty much this.
    Downloads : 3 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 1635 || Posts : 74 || Thanks : 37 || Thanked 51 Times in 14 Posts

[ INSERT GENERIC FORUM SIGNATURE HERE ]

Bear Hugs

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    of course they are too bad Call of Duty developers makes crappy games still :P lol
    Oh Cloud, even if it is crappy, consumers (some) will still buy it.

Back to topic:

It will be difficult no matter what. Sure, consumers can demand more better graphic and realistic asset though the cost for that is huge. How video game industries/developers/studio are going to act on that though is there decision. Preparing for the right equipment, tech and having the budget to do all this will take sometime.
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4220 || Posts : 1,935 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 216 Times in 189 Posts

I've given you knowledge and wisdom. Different places we come from, but open arms we accept.- My Mentor

Array

COD is the biggest seller every year. They don't have the right to complain about development budgets. They' rehash & milk the same game annually.

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

I want more RPG games with the style of naruto storm graphics and tales of series :(

Retired Staff

Array

I want Legend Of Dragoon 2 for PS4 :D
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13177 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts