360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Diablo 3 freezing questions [360]
Register
    Echoing

Diablo 3 freezing questions [360]

So, recently i have been messing around with my characters with the Basic tool and doing some hexing on some items.
    I only really add three slots to these items:
    Hellfire Ring
    Echoing Fury 4545.0 DMG
    Chantodo's set 1600 DMG

My game is now freezing more then ever!!!
    Is it because i am messing with the codes or could it be my the online servers?

The disk has no scratches at all and even tried playing on another xbox!

Is there a solution or is it just the weapon? And can you help me solve it?

My gt is

ii Richtofen 21 (might be easier to talk over online)

Thanks 360Haven Community!

Array

Re: Diablo 3 freezing questions [360]

Quote Originally Posted by Echoing View Post
    My game is now freezing more then ever!!!
    Is it because i am messing with the codes or could it be my the online servers?
    1) Diablo III on consoles doesn't use servers it is hosted on your Xbox or another players Xbox.

2) If done right basic editing like adding more slots shouldn't cause issues provided it is within the games normal parameters. When values are high enough for certain attributes like attack speed it can cause performance issues and/or crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoing View Post
    The disk has no scratches at all and even tried playing on another xbox!

Is there a solution or is it just the weapon?
    Did you install Diablo III to the HDD?

I never had the game crash on me when running off the disc but I couldn't take the noise levels.

I installed Diablo III to the HDD then it crashed once and had infinite loading screens on a few occasions. I deleted Diablo III off the HDD and installed it on a flash drive and haven't had an issue since.

VIP Member
    Array

Re: Diablo 3 freezing questions [360]

There is a major freezing problem on consoles that is totally unrelated to modding. Diablo forums posted a release patch for the PS3 (yesterday I think) that addressed most if not all of the freezing problems and hopefully fixed them. PS3 users however are reporting that the patch dialed back all the stats you get with Idlehands88 editor and made them normal . I think this was an unintended consequence as they were trying to fix the permanent buffs that some of the green lettered sets gave. As for the xbox, they indicated it was in the works. I'm guessing it is being held up by MS certification procedures. I don't have a link to the patch notes they released on it but I'm sure you can find it on their forums or just by googling it.

My game is freezing pretty frequently as well so I'm really hoping the xbox gets the patch and it fixes the problem. Until then really no reason to try to play for me. Hope this helps.