360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Will modding be the same???
Loading
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Wildcat is offline
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Location : AMERICA
    Age : 24
    Posts : 186
    Array

    Will modding be the same???

    Like will modding the PS4 be similar to the 360 with the tools and hexs and Editors or completely different. Never had a PS3 so I had no idea

    Downloads : 15 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2495 || Posts : 186 || Thanks : 56 || Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts



  2. #2
    Program Engineer
    Jappi88


    Jappi88 is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Age : 29
    Posts : 1,659
    Array

    Re: Will modding be the same???

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Like will modding the PS4 be similar to the 360 with the tools and hexs and Editors or completely different. Never had a PS3 so I had no idea
    It will be always the same, unless the saves will be stored inside the cloud.

    Every data in this world exist of binary data (01010101) ect , hex basicly convert the binary to hex format for readable values.

    The challenge for modders is to hack the console security and research the save structure.
    when that happens it will be all the same like the x360
    Downloads : 164 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 6329 || Posts : 1,659 || Thanks : 187 || Thanked 10,729 Times in 599 Posts


    Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jappi88 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Wildcat is offline
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Location : AMERICA
    Age : 24
    Posts : 186
    Array

    Re: Will modding be the same???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    It will be always the same, unless the saves will be stored inside the cloud.

    Every data in this world exist of binary data (01010101) ect , hex basicly convert the binary to hex format for readable values.

    The challenge for modders is to hack the console security and research the save structure.
    when that happens it will be all the same like the x360


    Jappi your the best!!!!!!!
    Downloads : 15 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2495 || Posts : 186 || Thanks : 56 || Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts



  5. #4
    Retired Staff

    thegutta is offline
    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Location : On Top Of The World
    Posts : 10,475
    Array
    Twitter: @

    Re: Will modding be the same???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    It will be always the same, unless the saves will be stored inside the cloud.

    Every data in this world exist of binary data (01010101) ect , hex basicly convert the binary to hex format for readable values.

    The challenge for modders is to hack the console security and research the save structure.
    when that happens it will be all the same like the x360
    That's awesome to hear Jappi which means we have hope :D
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13180 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts




  6. #5
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

    Emerald Lance is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : Awesome Land
    Age : 27
    Posts : 1,834
    Array

    Re: Will modding be the same???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    The challenge for modders is to hack the console security and research the save structure.
    when that happens it will be all the same like the x360
    ^ This is what it all boils down to. I imagine it will start off slow at first, but once the security has been cracked, editors will be made.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4518 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

  7. #6
    The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

    CloudStrife7x is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : Unknown
    Age : 29
    Posts : 18,760
    Array
    Twitter: @

    Re: Will modding be the same???

    i would like to add what Jappi posted in that the ps3 has been hacked already and no save editors(well not much anyways) have been made for it, so far to edit ps3 games you either need the game genie or brute force save data, so who knows the ps4 might take the same route, i imagine the xbox one to be the same as 360 as to when it is cracked devs will make save editors for the games, to me it depends on which system most developers have and are willing to make editors for, im hoping ps4, since i don't want it to be like ps3 where most devs just pretty much ignored it and stayed on 360 at least that's how it seems to me, not that it affects me much since i can still edit my ps3 games myself and one last thing to add is im hoping Sony doesn't lock the saves to the ps4(like they have on some ps3 games) where we would need to have jailbroken console in order to get the saves off the console
    Last edited by CloudStrife7x; 10-10-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22150 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts



  8. #7
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

    Emerald Lance is offline
    Join Date : Dec 2010
    Location : Awesome Land
    Age : 27
    Posts : 1,834
    Array

    Re: Will modding be the same???

    Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    i would like to add what Jappi posted in that the ps3 has been hacked already and no save editors(well not much anyways) have been made for it, so far to edit ps3 games you either need the game genie or brute force save data, so who knows the ps4 might take the same route, i imagine the xbox one to be the same as 360 as to when it is cracked devs will make save editors for the games, to me it depends on which system most developers have and are willing to make editors for, im hoping ps4, since i don't want it to be like ps3 where most devs just pretty much ignored it and stayed on 360 at least that's how it seems to me, not that it affects me much since i can still edit my ps3 games myself and one last thing to add is im hoping Sony doesn't lock the saves to the ps4(like they have on some ps3 games) where we would need to have jailbroken console in order to get the saves off the console
    I know Gibbed's Borderlands 2 editor works for the PS3 version as well. The reason there aren't that many save editors is because the save encryption has only recently been cracked. Add to that, most PS3 owners don't even know that saves can be hacked in the first place, and those that do usually tend to opt for a Game Genie; all of this makes it not really worth the effort to develop an editor for a console where nobody will really appreciate it. The only reason the 360 saves were hacked so much earlier than PS3 saves is two-fold: the OG Xbox already had this huge group of modders and hackers who migrated to the 360, and Sony seems to change their security structure radically with each console (where as, if I understand it correctly, Xbox and 360 used similar enough structure that it wasn't really all that difficult to crack it).

    It really depends on where the interest is at the beginning of this generation. Currently, it's on the Wii U; it's the only console that's out right now, its games are in ultra high demand, and the securities of the Wii and DS were more open than Mad Moxxi's lady parts. My bet is that the first console to be hacked will be the Wii U, then the One, then the Vita, then the 3DS, and the PS4 will likely be last.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4518 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Modding help (I'm new to this)
    By Snowfalke in forum Xbox 360 Modding Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 01:53 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 01:02 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 04:10 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 03:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     

About 360haven

    360haven is an Forum Devoted To Game modding Fans from all over the world.

    An Awesome Community of Xbox 360 Gamers, Modders and Developers who Create & Share Tutorials, Applications, Gfx, Trainers and Gamesaves.

    A haven for the l33t.
    A scarce paradise for modders.

Like this page

Google+