360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Mod or Cheatcode?
Register
    Developer

Array

Mod or Cheatcode?

Do you guys think a cheatcode that you enter in a game is a mod if so then why?

Administrator
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Mod or Cheatcode?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingClown View Post
    Do you guys think a cheatcode that you enter in a game is a mod if so then why?
    A cheat code is more like a code you enter in te game to unlock stuff/things ( see link below)
    http://www.cheatcc.com/ps3/grandthef...eatscodes.html.

A cheatcode can also be a code for a program like Codebreaker, action replay, brutoforce savedata manager, etc to unlock stuff/things ( see link below)
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...s-cheat-codes/

When data has been edited or something has been unlocked with hexedit, codebreaker/actionreplay, save editor, trainer, etc we call it a mod/modded/modified/Modification.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)
    Downloads : 151 || Uploads : 12 || Rep Power : 6867 || Posts : 3,322 || Thanks : 488 || Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,282 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

One Hit Wonder
    Array

I guess it's technically a mod, since you're modifying the original game with the cheat codes. The difference is that the changes are pre-determined by what the developer chose to allow.

alicemudgarden

the way I see it? A "cheatcode" is usually hardcoded in by devs etc etc. anything that is done by 3rd parties other than Devs (of software/game) is a mod/cheat...if that makes any sense.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by alicemudgarden View Post
    the way I see it? A "cheatcode" is usually hardcoded in by devs etc etc. anything that is done by 3rd parties other than Devs (of software/game) is a mod/cheat...if that makes any sense.
    Yeah, I'd definitely have to agree with that. In order for cheat codes to even work, they had to have been programmed into the game. Sure, they do cool stuff and there may be cases where they unlock things you wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, but at the end of the day, they were still intentionally programmed in there so they could be used to begin with. The same can't exactly be said for mods. The fact that you need a modded console in order to do a majority of modding (at least to my knowledge--I've only ever worked with the WWE games), says enough as it is.