360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Xbox Live reputation system tweaked - abusive players may lose "certain privileges"
Register
    RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Xbox Live reputation system tweaked - abusive players may lose "certain privileges"

Microsoft details the price of bad behaviour

Microsoft has announced a few adjustments to the Xbox Live reputation system - that fearful existential barometer, slicing Xbox Live up into the Deserving and the Not So Deserving. Players who sink to the lowest reputation rank, "Avoid Me", now face a number of penalties, such as losing access to Twitch broadcasting.

Those whose reputation scores "Need Work" will also receive warnings, while "Good Players" stand to reap unspecified rewards - more details to follow. Here's a breakdown of each reputation tier, care of program manager Micheal Dunn and the Xbox NewsWire.

"Good Players" - The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we've said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!
    Warnings for "Needs Work" - Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.
    Penalties for "Avoid Me" - If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an "Avoid Me" rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch broadcasting.

"The more hours you play fairly online without being reported as abusive by other players, the better your reputation will be," notes Dunn. "The algorithm looks to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive across the community on Xbox Live. The vast majority of players do not regularly receive feedback from other players and, thus, will stay at the 'Good Player' reputation level."

The algorithm won't crack down immediately if you receive a few bad reports "over a few weeks of play", and apparently "adjusts for false reports from people that might intentionally report someone of greater skill or for other griefing purposes". What's your reputation score? I think I'm a Good Player, but only because I'm incredibly boring.

Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 14666 || Posts : 12,528 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,315 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THUMBS For This Useful Post:

Saint Warrior
    scorpionnet

Array

Re: Xbox Live reputation system tweaked - abusive players may lose "certain privilege

It is always good to impose new rules when the people get out of control for the benefit of an entire community. I have never used Xbox live, I always prefer to be offline, but I understand how uncomfortable is when people start disrespecting others.
    Downloads : 38 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5715 || Posts : 3,325 || Thanks : 413 || Thanked 437 Times in 390 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpionnet For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: Xbox Live reputation system tweaked - abusive players may lose "certain privilege

i agree especially when you get into a cod match and start hearing little kids talking about stuff they shouldnt have even heard about for another few years which you can chalk up to "bad parenting". if my kiddos start talking stuff like that online you can believe im gonna whoop their ass and ground them
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 3 || Rep Power : 2933 || Posts : 1,525 || Thanks : 533 || Thanked 106 Times in 100 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to devilswarchild For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

all the cod babies might finally go away.

RETRO
    Gamer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by hi def meep View Post
    they just make another account an come back i noticed a lot of cod players have a low gamescore mmmm
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 14666 || Posts : 12,528 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,315 Posts

Retired Staff

Array

Quote Originally Posted by hi def meep View Post
    Yeah I hate those they are so annoying lol
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 13178 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array

Just another reason PS4 is the best new way to go.
    Downloads : 70 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 11914 || Posts : 4,704 || Thanks : 1,165 || Thanked 16,658 Times in 1,842 Posts