As Lord of the Rings: War in the North preps for an autumn assault, Warner Bros. is deploying an extravagant Collector's Edition and pre-order incentive to help gather recruits.
The Collector's Edition, which costs a whopping $130, includes a Ranger of the North Quiver Case, art book, a behind-the-scenes DVD on the game's music, three songs from the soundtrack ... and the game. Those who pick up the CE for Xbox 360 receive a Ranger of the North Avatar outfit for Xbox Live, while PS3 purchasers get a War in the North Theme Pack.
You'll also have to contend with pesky retail-specific pre-order bonuses for the standard edition, which we've listed after the break.
- Amazon.com: Part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. There's also an in-game Orc Champion sword.
- Best Buy: Elf Theme Pack - Elven sword, armor and helmet. Access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
- GameStop: Human Theme Pack - Human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger. Access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
- Target: Three "exclusive" tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
- Toys 'R' Us: Receive a limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
- Walmart: A Dwarven quest. The Dwarf Theme Pack- dwarf sword, armor and helmet.