Wii U texture resolution is greater than PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Register
    News Reporter

Array

Wii U texture resolution is greater than PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Name:  Wii%20U%20power%20header--article_image.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  43.3 KB

Gearbox co-founder and chief creative officer Brian Martel has told IGN that textures on the Wii U are displayed at a higher resolution than those on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 games. We still donít know the technical specifications for the Wii U, but we do know itís slightly more powerful than the current generation of consoles.

''Weíve got the [Aliens: Colonial Marines] engine running on the Wii U, and as far as the console goes, youíre going to see textures at a resolution that you havenít seen on [the current] generation. [We're] finding out what kind of final tech specs the Wii U is going to have.Ē

''But we like the system a lot. We think itís going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think itís really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform itís a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming Ė for us thatís fantastic.Ē

ďBut the thing weíre most excited about is: what can we do with the controller? So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker [on the controller screen], or the sentry gun information Ė all that kind of stuff. That stuff is really sexy for us. Getting the information off the screen and onto this device is a fantastic idea, right? So can we have a HUD-less environment? Yeah, probably. That would be fantastic, right?Ē

Hoshikage

Array

Re: Wii U texture resolution is greater than PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

We really need an actual gameplay comparision :)
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 5866 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,970 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    We really need an actual gameplay comparision :)
    i totally agree just saying its better doesnt show its better until that start showing actual gameplay comparsions, then i am not convinced that the wii u will look that much better than 360 or ps3
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22146 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Security
    Overlord

Array

judging by what was on display at e3 sony and microsoft may need to bring out their new consoles

i was at e3 and nintendo blew me away with the graphics in darksiders 2 they totaly in my book beat out the current gen consoles (lol 1st time for everything )

nnaatteedd

For once, Nintendo has the chance to be on top again. I do maintain my opinion that the GC was graphically the best of that generation; Unfortunately the only game that showed that off was the RE remake and RE 0. I grew up a huge hardcore nintendo fan and switch over to Sony for PS1, It wasn't until the Wii that I rennounced my loyalty. I must say that we definitely need comparison footage, but I do believe that this will be the true return of Nintendo for the true fans who know what real good games are; Not just these crapwares that they are pushing off on the idiotic lambs. Sony and Microsoft definitely need to start talking new consoles (especially xbox), but the thing that will remain to be seen is whether they'll be able to hit a decent price point (Nintendo included). I mean PS3 was ridiculously expensive at launch and 360 was right behind them. Imagine how much the next generation of consoles with even better hardware will cost...