Online gaming publication Siliconera has posted some fresh information from last nights Dragon Quest X conference. Below is pretty much all you need to know so far regarding the highly anticipated title that’s due out on Wii next year and Wii U sometime shortly after. Let’s just hope there’s no subscription model for the game here in the West.
- Five continents of Astordia: the mesa-like Ogrelead, Eldona, a mountainous region called Dwachakka, Pukuland, and an island area Wena
- Ogres are known for their strength and courage
- Wedi (the blue water-like creatures) express themselves with songs of love
- Elves honor nature
- Dwarves value craftsmanship and wealth
- Pukuripos live to dream and laugh
- Travel with up to three characters
- Game doesn’t have a transition to a battle screen
- A monster’s name changes color as its takes damage
- Can leave your character at a bar when you log out
- Alchemy: enhance weapons/armor with special effects
- Sewing: make a template for equipment
It has also been stated that the game will need a constant internet connection to advance through the story.
Whilst you can play Dragon Quest X alone without the help of other online players, you will still need to have a constant internet connection. When you start the game, the first few hours can be played offline but to play through all of the game you will require an internet connection.
Dragon Quest X will be available on Wii next year and Wii U sometime after.