360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
EA has made $10 - $15 million off Online Pass
    VIP Member

EA has made $10 - $15 million off Online Pass

Name:  easportslogo530.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  29.1 KB
    You may know EA as simply a company that creates and publishes games, but we're pretty sure the company is fullof wizards.
    How else can you explain conjuring up between $10 and $15 million dollars? That's what the Online Pass has helped the company do, CFO Eric Brown revealed (via Gamasutra).

"The revenues we derive from that haven't been dramatic. I'd say they're in the $10-$15 million range since we initiated the program," he said. First introduced last year for EA Sports titles, the Online Pass quickly spread to a majority of EA's games. Now, plenty of other third-party publishers utilize the same code system.

It was introduced to combat lost revenue from used game sales and, we'd say, a wild success, if not just straight-up magic.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4218 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 561 Times in 316 Posts

Inactive Member

Re: EA has made $10 - $15 million off Online Pass

I do not like to do this many games get them second hand, and this is becoming more difficult for me to enjoy new games as well that not all worth buying this pass, but still do not understand why they do apart from being greedy but maybe if I would give a reasonable explanation to me easier to assimilate the idea that we simply give us more money!

Re: EA has made $10 - $15 million off Online Pass

I get my online codes for free at blockbuster, all they going to do is throw them away.