360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
I've been BANNED!
Register
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

I've been BANNED!

So I'm devastated. I hop on my 360 to play some Armored Core with my friends, only to find a popup that says I'm banned until 12/31/9999! And for theft, no less! While it is true that I have done plenty of things to warrant temporary bans here and there, I've never stolen from MS (even to the point of actually going out and legitimately buying MS Word). Judging by the tone of the email they sent me, it doesn't seem like it's up for debate. Is there anyone in MS I can talk to that might be able to do something? If I were guilty then I'd just take punishment fairly and be done with it, hell even if it were just a temp ban and I could be playing again whether I did it or not, but I'm not guilty and I don't deserve this permaban! I wouldn't mind making a new account, but then I'd have to rebuy all of the DLC I've purchased in the past 4.5 years. Balls to THAT! IS there any way I can appeal to MS for something I DIDN'T DO?

Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4518 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Haven Donator

Array

Re: I've been BANNED!

Sorry to hear you got banned.
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 3635 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts

Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.

Array

Unfortunately you cant dispute bans.
    If you have msp or gold left on the account you can be reimbursed.
    It seems alot of people are getting banned for this lately.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

There are articles all over the internet about how people have been getting permabanned for theft. There have also been a crap ton of appeal posts in the appeal forums. MS staff doesn't seem to care though... Should I just make a new account? Is there no hope? (Personally, I think it was a glitch or mistake in the system. I don't think these people were banned legitimately, and I think MS may try to fix it later.)
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4518 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    There are articles all over the internet about how people have been getting permabanned for theft. There have also been a crap ton of appeal posts in the appeal forums. MS staff doesn't seem to care though... Should I just make a new account? Is there no hope? (Personally, I think it was a glitch or mistake in the system. I don't think these people were banned legitimately, and I think MS may try to fix it later.)
    It sucks that u got permabanned but maybe your right that the system messed up somehow, but i dont trust MS enough to actually see them say it was something on their side and them fix it but thats just my opinion XD, i personally would not make another account unless u r dying to play online lol, but its utlimately up to u :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22150 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

I called customer service and they said that it's an issue and that they're "working on it" whatever that means.

--Gamefaqs.com

Gfx Artist
    Array

Hope it doesn't happen to me, but I narrow missed it a few weeks ago by not using a community G.O.D account.
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 2348 || Posts : 35 || Thanks : 21 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

R 3 7V

GoW3 Rank: 75 Seriously 3.0 Percent Complete: 54.60%
    I miss

Security
    Overlord

Array

here is something i found so

MS Screws Up and Bans Game Site's Account for Fraud
    Tuesday, 13 September 2011 13:47 Austin Cox
    Updated Below: Like a lot of writers and gamers alike, I was one of those people who typically rolled my eyes when someone said they were banned from Xbox LIVE without a legitimate reason. Because let’s be honest here; most of the time the guilty party will declare their innocence to the very end. Today I’ve learned just how Microsoft’s erratic procedures result in gamers getting banned without any just cause.

It’s no secret that videogame websites receive games from publishers and developers in order to provide reviews to our readers. Sometimes these games are downloadable and in other cases they are of course hard copy (discs). A lot of games hit consoles and handhelds through downloads. So it’s not a big surprise that gaming journalists are logging in and downloading games a lot. Microsoft is apparently unaware of this despite the fact they issue thousands of codes a year for this exact purpose on their Xbox LIVE service.

Despite having clear knowledge that this is how the process works, Microsoft laid down a blanket of bans on Xbox LIVE accounts yesterday for multiple sites. I’m of course writing this because our primary review account was one of those selected by the faceless XBL police for a permanent ban. The reason for the ban you ask?, “Marketplace and Code Fraud”. Now if you’re thinking to yourself, “Why would someone commit fraud when they are receiving the games for free?”, then you’d be using something that MS is clearly lacking –logic.

It wouldn’t be a big deal to create another account, except you need XBL Gold to review XBLA games online. So like the countless other suckers out there, review sites shell out the money each year to test games online. Gameplay Today “had” an account paid up for the next 2 years. MS now has that money and isn’t required to provide the service or logical explanation for the banning. So now we sit here with a clear understanding that all of those gamers who griped about XBL bans might have had some legitimate complaints. If MS can’t even keep tabs on its own code distribution process and bans members of the media that use their codes; who’s to say they are just banning innocent gamers daily?

You’d expect more out of a company that requires you to pay for their service. At least we always argued that we got better service because we paid. Now we sit here with one of our review accounts banned, wondering if others will get banned and eyes wide open to the complaints gamers have had about Xbox LIVE for years now. Paying for a service that can get ripped away without reason is not a good service at all.

In response to inquires after proving all content was provided by publishers and developers through emails from the companies, a reply was given by an Xbox.com moderator about the ban called "XBLPET Golf". It wasn't positive:

"During the course of a recent investigation, we have discovered users who illegitimately accessed Xbox LIVE Marketplace downloadable content. Our investigation reveals that this access was intentional and not accidental, constituting a blatant violation of the Terms of Use for the service. We will not divulge additional information regarding individual suspensions for these offenses.

Please know that we are being very careful regarding these suspensions, and have clear evidence regarding each account issued a permanent suspension from the service. We apologize for any frustration or confusion resulting from our inability to share individual details, and thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.

this is a copy paste all credit goes to the creator/writer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast