360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Why Halo 4's Warthog can be seen but not driven in Forza 4
    VIP Member

Why Halo 4's Warthog can be seen but not driven in Forza 4

Name:  wart.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  33.3 KB
    It's nifty that Forza Motorsport 4 will allow players to examine the Halo 4 Warthog in "Auto Vista" mode, but we doubt we're alone in wondering why you can't actually drive it. According to developer Turn 10's Dan Greenwalt, implementing the UNSC's iconic ground transport is much more complex than it sounds.

Speaking to Eurogamer, Greenwalt explained that the technology used in the Warthog simply doesn't exist in any of Forza's other cars – notably its "crab walking" four wheel steering – meaning Turn 10 would have to build it from scratch. It's not that the Turn 10 team is incapable, Greenwalt noted that they have the specs, but it would be "a big investment" in order to support a single vehicle.

The final straw, apparently, is that there's no way to simulate the Warthog's tires. All of Forza's tire physics are based on real-world tires, meaning that each tire in the game should react to road conditions in a (very) realistic way. Said Greenwalt, "they didn't give us tires from nanotube technology from 2525."
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4216 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 561 Times in 316 Posts

Twitter: @

Re: Why Halo 4's Warthog can be seen but not driven in Forza 4

What a stupid excuse is that? The only logical reason i see there is "The Warthog is a car from the future duh, thats why u cant drive it our timeline" or something like that... BTW, WHY THE HELL I WANT TO JUST SEE THE WARTHOG ? I looked all over it like in every Halo game >_> heck, U can drive it in this games, why u cant do that in the AUTOMOBILE DRIVING SIMULATOR !!! Oh its a crab walking? BULLSHIT !!! Just make a model/skin of a warthog and put in a base of another car, there, done, u can drive it!!!
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 2568 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 85 Times in 27 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Krauser For This Useful Post:

either that or they could just guess what it would be like judging from the previous halo games it has explosion proof, bullet proof and fire resistant tires so it wouldn't wear down the tires very easily as it's heavily armoured so it would be fairly slow and it would probably handle like a heavy suv or something.

Emerald Lance

I agree with Krauser, that excuse is totally retarded. The Warthog would not need to handle exactly like its Halo counterpart, I mean, it is a video game for Christ's sake. We aren't expecting code for code physics here. The tires could be simulated based off real tires, the parts could be based off real parts, whatever they want. And if they're really that picky about it, they could put an end to it all right there by just having the Warthog listed as a replica in-game; that way, even those who would actually get upset about it not handling the same would look at it and say "Oh, it's a replica, it's not a real Warthog" or something like that.

Turn 10 is just being lazy, I don't care what they say. Why include the model at all if you aren't going to make it drivable? If that's the case, give us a car that we actually CAN drive and don't show us anymore place holders! I'd rather have one more drivable car and no Warthog at all than a Warthog that can't be driven. This whole thing is just a very very (very very very) thinly veiled excuse to get Halo fans to buy the next Forza game without actually doing any work to lure them in. Seriously, it just makes Turn 10 look lazy and inept.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4097 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 626 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."

This *car* is just took the realism out of Forza Motorsport and ruined it!

why would you want to put something in your game that doesn't fit the theme?

i tell you, people get retarded by the minute in this stupid world!!