Rage requires 3 discs on Xbox 360, 8GB install on PS3, tolerance from fans
Register
    VIP Member

Array

Rage requires 3 discs on Xbox 360, 8GB install on PS3, tolerance from fans

Name:  rage5.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  31.5 KB
    Rage will span three discs on Xbox 360 and require an 8GB install on PS3, id Software creative director Tim Willits has confirmed.
    It was rumored that Rage would have a large install and multiple discs on 360, but it seemed as if id was leaning toward a slim-and-trim two-disc set, stating that a separate multiplayer disc-swap would be "fail." id didn't have to pick a disc number for the PS3 version of Rage, effectively utilizing the Blu-ray drive to hold all of the game's gigs, something that Willits seemed very pleased about:

"Sony was great," Willits said. "Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off. What we were able to do is install all the textures to the highest level. What is nice about the PS3 platform is that it's just one platform. Everyone has one Blu-ray drive, one hard drive, it's all the same. Some of the other systems you have... should I install it on my 360? Should I not install it? So yes, it's very nice."

For 360 versions, Willits said id recommends installing the game to the hard drive, or if you don't have the space for all 22GB, after installing and finishing the first half of the game from disc one, uninstall it, and then install disc two. There isn't a reason to disc-swap after completing the first half, and "you don't really need to install the multiplayer disc if you're really tight on hard disk space," Willits said.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4635 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 566 Times in 319 Posts

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Rage requires 3 discs on Xbox 360, 8GB install on PS3, tolerance from fans

I think i already saw a tons of news like that "1 disc, 2 discs, 3 discs for RAGE" >_< Drives me nuts, what is the final number?
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 2987 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 86 Times in 28 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

Array

So what he means is that disc 1 & 2 will be the campaign and disc 3 would the multiplayer? I'm not sure I get what he said lol. Very confusing!

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Daimashin View Post
    So what he means is that disc 1 & 2 will be the campaign and disc 3 would the multiplayer? I'm not sure I get what he said lol. Very confusing!
    Yeah, ive heard the same stuff, that disc 1 n 2 are will be the campaign and the third one the multiplayer
    Downloads : 28 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 2987 || Posts : 432 || Thanks : 52 || Thanked 86 Times in 28 Posts

^ If u like Batman: Arkham City click Batman/The Joker to get a cookie :3

sniperzone96

Im with you man I didnt get it at all?

DnAngel

Looks like I am going have to uninstall games from my hdd... for this one. 15/200gb space left What a drag. Awesome looking game thought, can't wait to play it.

Haven Donator

Array

Looks like I was about to make make a mistake on buying this game.
    Downloads : 61 || Uploads : 6 || Rep Power : 3633 || Posts : 1,042 || Thanks : 121 || Thanked 124 Times in 93 Posts

Think about it! we consume, we reproduce, we spread, we infect, We're the real rats.