360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Sonic creator wants a Wii U development kit
    News Reporter

Sonic creator wants a Wii U development kit

Name:  sonic.jpg
Views: 4362
Size:  33.7 KB
    Yuji Naka, the creator behind Sonic has told Siliconera that heís desperate for Nintendo to send him a Wii U development kit. Apparently Wii U development kits are a rarity at the moment but letís hope Nintendo eventually decides to give him one.

I donít have a development kit right now. [Laughs.] Please ask Nintendo to send me one! Or maybe Bandai Namco Games can send me one. I would really like a chance to play with that hardware. Right now there probably arenít many development kits.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 4580 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 614 Times in 419 Posts

The Immortal God

Twitter: @

Re: Sonic creator wants a Wii U development kit

nice information, hoping he can make a sonic game awesome again, great share longy :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 21729 || Posts : 18,759 || Thanks : 4,444 || Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,605 Posts

Eternal Dragoon

Can,t wait to see sonic on the new wii u

Emerald Lance

Old thread is old. Like, really old. Like, "two years old" old. Even still, I have to know. Does anybody know if Yuji Naka ever got that dev kit? Really curious about that. Would love to see what he could do with it. I know he's making a game called "Rodea the Sky Soldier" for Wii and 3DS, and that work started on it in 2011. But rumor has it he's thinking about switching the Wii version to Wii U. From what I here, Rodea is his biggest project at the moment. I really hope he got that dev kit! ^-^

Also, wanted to say, but he doesn't work for Sega anymore. He did create Sonic, but he left Sega during development of Sonic '06; Sega stopped giving him creative control over any of the Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2 (Shadow and Sonic '06 would have been a lot different if he could have done anything about it). He left during Sonic '06 because he didn't see an end to it, and he went on to create his own company, Prope. He's had no hand in the Sonic games since. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4098 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 626 Times in 305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."

Retired Staff

Twitter: @

Great news share longy999 :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 12760 || Posts : 10,475 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,224 Posts