360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Rumor: Alan Wake 2 in production (for the next Xbox)
    VIP Member

Rumor: Alan Wake 2 in production (for the next Xbox)

Name:  alan-wake-2.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  40.1 KB
    Rumors of an Alan Wake sequel have been circling about since ... well, since Alan Wake and its DLC expansions left the door wide open for one.
    But also since the phrase "Alan Wake 2" first appeared on an artist's resume back in May. Developer Remedy confirmed with Joystiq that it was working on more Wake, however "this next Wake installment will not be Alan Wake 2," it said. "But neither will it be DLC." How appropriately mysterious! And now a rumor from Xbox World magazine says that Remedy is indeed working on Alan Wake 2, for the next-gen Xbox.

"We hear a number of Microsoft-friendly developers are hard at work on prepping next gen games as we speak. Could this be the reason why Remedy are so quiet about Alan Wake 2? (Yes)," the magazine responded to itself. "Rare, Lionhead and Turn 10 all have teams in place too. Rare, we hear, are even prototyping ideas for a new 'mature title,'" the mag adds.

We spoke with Microsoft Studios chief Phil Spencer at E3 this year, who said he read about the project on Joystiq and had no involvement with it at that time. "I think the stuff they're doing now they wanted to incubate, Mattias and the team," Spencer said. "They wanted to incubate internally. Like I said, I don't think they've signed it with anybody." Spencer also insisted that Microsoft Studios had no next-gen games in development and was instead completely focused on Xbox 360 and Kinect software.

I think we speak for everyone (in the world) when we say that we don't care which platform Alan Wake 2 comes out on, just so long as it has a killer multiplayer deathmatch mode. We're kidding.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4216 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 561 Times in 316 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

Eternal Dragoon

Re: Rumor: Alan Wake 2 in production (for the next Xbox)

Glad to hear there,s a part 2
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 15643 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,446 Posts

You, Kakarot!

This game is a master piece they should create a film from it it would sell really well

News Reporter

I'm surprised theres talks of another xbox to be honest, would have thought it would still be a good 2-3 years yet before any serious talk was happening.

And I fully agree Boss, its a game that could easily be made into a big screen feature, the ingame story was quite well written and would make for one hell of a good (and creepy) horror movie.
    Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 4579 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 614 Times in 419 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to longy999 For This Useful Post: