360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Uh oh! We've been found out in Dark Souls...
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Uh oh! We've been found out in Dark Souls...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/60863...souls/60605625

Well Goddamn it...

I was going to go online with my modded dude until I read this.

Guess I'm playing on offline mode. (Have been for the past few days, but wanted to get online at SOME point.)

I wish I knew which idiots were doing it... Now people will probably attempt to lower our reputation and report us for cheating, possibly getting us banned.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ultimarok For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Uh oh! We've been found out in Dark Souls...

This is no suprise at all. I figured it would happen eventually. :P the book of guilty just makes it easy for people to report him though.

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Quote Originally Posted by turk645 View Post
    This is no suprise at all. I figured it would happen eventually. :P the book of guilty just makes it easy for people to report him though.
    That's the thing, even though it's not a surprise, I expected the people who downloaded the editor from here to have COMMON sense. But nope...

What gets you in the Book Of The Guilty anyways? I was looking forward to doing Co-Op online with my Warrior dude. (Not interested in PVP or "Invasions".)

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

well too bad i'd say....
    well we really never intend for our editors to be used in online games... well at least i don't
    but... if the games have any protection against something so simple... then i don't see why i would do the job of the devs who get paid for it ^-^

that said...
    it's up to the players who use those editors if they really want to risk being banned or what so ever... just don't cry about it when it happens ^-^
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5159 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,043 Times in 398 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

inforsir

just saying my 2 cents iv never been banned using a modded save for a game ever. but i have been reset on achvs.

and to get on that book u have to invade other peoples worlds and kill them. if u invade another person world by being on a convent or w/e its called like the one in the forest u wont get put on it. or i havnt been put on it yet and thats with invading 50 games because all u do is put the ring on the cat gave u and it summons u to protect the area. get nice items out of it 2

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Well if you guys look on bastion the XBLA games leader boards you will see i am at the top i got that score a long time ago pretty much when the game came out the only thing i have gotten from this is a ton of friend requests haha this is kinda the same i dont think anything will be done about it

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post
    well too bad i'd say....
    well we really never intend for our editors to be used in online games... well at least i don't
    but... if the games have any protection against something so simple... then i don't see why i would do the job of the devs who get paid for it ^-^

that said...
    it's up to the players who use those editors if they really want to risk being banned or what so ever... just don't cry about it when it happens ^-^

Oh, I have no doubt about your intentions with the editor. In fact, I don't blame you at all and I'm glad you made it.

I'm just mad at whichever n00bs got careless with it and ruined it for the rest of us. I'm not surprised, but it is annoying.

I'm not really crying about it. Just very disappointed at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    Well if you guys look on bastion the XBLA games leader boards you will see i am at the top i got that score a long time ago pretty much when the game came out the only thing i have gotten from this is a ton of friend requests haha this is kinda the same i dont think anything will be done about it
    I truly hope you're right.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Either ways, just thought I'd give a heads up on all of this when I made the thread.

Haven Donator
    Array

Well, "who" did it isn't hard, since his GT is mentioned in the Gamefaqs thread (and he posted in the thread taunting people as well). To any normal player (and even somewhat hacked ones with extra souls, equipment, etc.) this character would be unstoppable.

For reference, he has 99k hp, 99 in every stat, 10k equip load, but is listed as level "35". He's darkwraith, but with a cloaking ring.

So, yeah, basically he'd annihilate anyone, and no one can damage him. He's #2 on the book of the guilty, which makes his cheating/stats very very very obvious too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast