360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Fixing corrupt Dark souls saves? is there a known method yet?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sid4975

Fixing corrupt Dark souls saves? is there a known method yet?

well im alittle upset i have a good bit of progress into the game and my last save i have still loads, but anything saved after it is corrupt. has anyone figured out a way to correct this yet? before i start from the begining?

sid4975

Re: Fixing corrupt Dark souls saves? is there a known method yet?

bump?

well i guess im gonna start new, does anyone know how too avoid getting a corrupted save? so i dont make the same mistake again

polluxval

use the new beta version of the editor. so far i fixed the corrupted saves with it. also, remember when a save goes from 8.5 mb to 4 mb then the save
    its screwed.

http://www.360haven.com/forums/attac...3&d=1318448949

4. The Following User Says Thank You to polluxval For This Useful Post:

Array

well since your starting new...heres what i found out....i did alot of experimenting...wut i found out for me is that you can go ahead and mod your save right after the cutscene in the beginning...you dont even have to get the key to your cell...heres wut i did, i maxed all my stats including humanity to 99 which is max...i left my level at thirty so i could play online with my buddies because they dont know im modded and they are struggling on bosses...then i left my hp at 99999 and my stamina at 9999...my souls were 9,999,999...i found that if u do put too much souls then it will corrupt...this should be enough to buy everything until u beat the game. the problem was that i couldn't go back and mod my data anymore therefore i maxed out the stats so i wouldn't have to go edit it...one problem with the tools as well is that if u maxed out your hp and not the stats is that u will die after leveling up and your hp/stamina will default...my suggestion to everyone is to max out everything at the beginning and just play on without worrying about anything else...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chainaman For This Useful Post:

scribbage83

ahh...you are a god send my friend for experimenting... i was at a loss going through the process... but of course i loss my game save that was pretty far in the game when i got the corrupt game save...suchs but learning experience, to always have more than one back up save. anyway keep it up guys

sid4975

well i made a ton of backup saves which some work and some dont, but my question is whats the point in starting from one of the backups because wont it just end up corrupting again eventually? i only modded my save once or twice and im pretty sure that it was in one of my earlier saves meaning all my latest saves havent been touched and eventually got more and more corrupt until my last one doesnt load at alll.

nobodys figured a way to transplant a save? like copy my last working one into a fresh unedited svae or somthing?

sid4975

also im not sure the size has anything too do with corruption either, cause i have about 20 saves in order of date and time most of them are 5mb some are 8mb and most work but some dont. also when i made a fresh character from scratch and saved before even leaving the dungeon that save was only 5mb and i never edited or nothin yet.

Array

what works for me ..is to quit my game. then the auto save question pops up. Pick OK and select your FD. thats where the ( MB save and 5 MB save changes) i tried to use the 5 MB save but it's always corrupted. I only mod out max souls, messing with humanity corrupts my saves unless i have value (1) in that slot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast