360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)
Loading
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    VergilNamodo

    Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    Alright, a bit of a newbie with this, so put up with me for now. I've extracted, decrypted, and opened a file in Hex Workshop, and now I'm lost on what to do next. Here's what I'm working with:

    LVL 50 Orange Exotic Mace (base)

    Translated into the editor I find:

    Melee_MaceExoticGen..None].......B.........

    for which the hex value (I believe) is:

    4D656C65655F
    4D61636545786F74696347656E04004E6F6E655D
    ABBD940000000142DE0D81000000030F00

    Here's where I'm lost: which value edits what? I've gone through a few of the other topics, and I haven't found a definitive answer yet. If anyone can tell me what the level and rarity values are, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, has anyone come up with a list of classification values (diabolical, lethal, puny, et al) and mod values (torch, ripper, et al) yet and where they are in the string?



    Thanks in advance for answers.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to VergilNamodo For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    reppoHssarg

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    In search if you type in "midas dead island" it will lead you to my programs midas.exe and weapons.exe. They are Command Prompt programs. Midas will change all your weapons to Gold (Orange). Run Weapons before and after to confirm they changed. Examine the hex values of original and changed to see what changed.

    In your posted HEX the values 5D AB BD 94 (immediately following None) the 94 is rarity. Incrementing it will change rarity to Grn,Blu,Vio,Wht,Grn,Blu,Vio,Org,Grn...and at some point the required level will change by +1 as well. The rarity seems to be just the last 3 bits of that byte (rightmost).
    Last edited by reppoHssarg; 10-16-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: to further clarify

  4. #3
    flowyab

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    I noticed that your programs accept only unencrypted save files. Are the save files already unencrypted, or do I need to do that?

    This is what I get when I run Weapons.

    weapons save_0
    Filename In <save_0>
    Starting...
    reading in file...
    save_0 len is 61440


    and then it stops...
    Can anyone help me?

  5. #4
    reppoHssarg

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    Get Dead Island game save from Xbox.

    To get to your unencrypted Dead Island game save.

    1. Using Modio use "Explore a device".
    2. In Explore window select File then select Open/Close drive
    3. In left pane Navigate to your encypted game save.
    3. In right pane Select save then Right Click and Extract it to a folder (I use GS).
    4. Close the explore window and in Modio do "Open a save".
    5. Select the save and click on Open.
    6. Click on tab File Contents.
    7. Select the save and once again Right Click and Extract it
    to a sub-folder (I use X)
    8. Close the Open window.
    9. Using Windows navigate to sub-folder and use 7zip to
    open archive and extract save to same folder.
    10. If you did this with save_0 you now have a save_0~.

    The file save_0~ is your Unencypted GS.
    At this point make all your modifications to save_0~
    (or whichever number 0-9 it is)

    Now you will want to reverse the process to get changes
    back to Xbox.

    1, Open archive the save in sub-folder (one without the ~ at end) with 7zip and replace
    the original unencrytpted file by dragging the file with ~ at end into 7zip window.
    2. Close the 7zip window.
    3. Modio and Open a save.
    4. Navigate to first folder (I use GS) and open that save.
    5. Click on tab File Contents and select the save.
    6. Right click and select Replace File.
    7. Navigate to sub-folder (I use X) and select save_0
    (without the ~) and Click Open.
    8. Click on tab General File Info.
    9. Click on Rehash and Resign.
    10. Click on Save To Device.

    Try it out on Xbox.
    Last edited by reppoHssarg; 10-25-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Clarification

  6. #5
    xMuRdoKx

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    Quote Originally Posted by reppoHssarg View Post
    In search if you type in "midas dead island" it will lead you to my programs midas.exe and weapons.exe. They are Command Prompt programs. Midas will change all your weapons to Gold (Orange). Run Weapons before and after to confirm they changed. Examine the hex values of original and changed to see what changed.

    In your posted HEX the values 5D AB BD 94 (immediately following None) the 94 is rarity. Incrementing it will change rarity to Grn,Blu,Vio,Wht,Grn,Blu,Vio,Org,Grn...and at some point the required level will change by +1 as well. The rarity seems to be just the last 3 bits of that byte (rightmost).

    Would it be possible to remove mods from weapon with your programns and method and change stats of that weapon? (this is what im understanding, tho I just wanna make sure )
    ex I got a High voltage Zed's demise, could I switch it back to a Regular Zed's Demise, with the best possible Legit stats?

  7. #6
    reppoHssarg

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    Quote Originally Posted by xMuRdoKx View Post
    Would it be possible to remove mods from weapon with your programns and method and change stats of that weapon? (this is what im understanding, tho I just wanna make sure )
    ex I got a High voltage Zed's demise, could I switch it back to a Regular Zed's Demise, with the best possible Legit stats?
    The simple answer is yes. All items have two strings. The first looks like:

    0F 00 4D 65 6C 65 65 5F 52 65 61 70 65 72 47 65 6E

    Which is for Melee_ReaperGen and the 2nd looks like:

    04 00 4E 6F 6E 65

    Which is None

    However some have a 2nd that looks like:

    12 00 43 72 61 66 74 70 6C 61 6E 5F 50 6F 69 73 6F 6E 78 34

    Which in this case is a DeathStalker mod or literally Craftplan_Poisonx4

    So you need to Hex edit that 2nd string back to None

    Unfortunately you will also need to do something else as when you only only change the size of Dead Island GS the file becomes corrupt. In the spirit of teaching someone to fish rather than just handing them a fish I offer you my challenge. I manage to solve this puzzle through a process of trial and error, can you find what also needs to change when you add or remove byte(s) from DI GS?

  8. #7
    xMuRdoKx

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    Quote Originally Posted by reppoHssarg View Post
    Unfortunately you will also need to do something else as when you only only change the size of Dead Island GS the file becomes corrupt. In the spirit of teaching someone to fish rather than just handing them a fish I offer you my challenge. I manage to solve this puzzle through a process of trial and error, can you find what also needs to change when you add or remove byte(s) from DI GS?
    I will try,tho im not a pro at hex edit I am a noob, and the more i scratch the surface the more I see how I know little about hex editing ... XD

  9. #8
    reppoHssarg

    Re: Can someone help me with this? (Dead Island hex editing)

    Quote Originally Posted by xMuRdoKx View Post
    I will try,tho im not a pro at hex edit I am a noob, and the more i scratch the surface the more I see how I know little about hex editing ... XD
    BTW I made a program called UnMod to do that as well:

    http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...ht=dead+island

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Dead Island] Modded gamesaves, weapon mods, ammo,hex editing, help?
    By swagswagswag in forum Xbox 360 Modified Game Saves
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 04:19 AM
  2. If you need help editing dead island view this thread
    By Original Boss in forum Xbox 360 Modding Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 03:16 AM
  3. Dead Island weapon damage editing
    By reapermech in forum Xbox 360 Modding Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
  4. Dead Island Weapons and hex editing
    By figuare9 in forum Xbox 360 Modding Programs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 09:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     

About 360haven

    360haven is an Forum Devoted To Game modding Fans from all over the world.

    An Awesome Community of Xbox 360 Gamers, Modders and Developers who Create & Share Tutorials, Applications, Gfx, Trainers and Gamesaves.

    A haven for the l33t.
    A scarce paradise for modders.

Like this page

Google+