360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
UnMod That Dead Island Weapon!
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    reppoHssarg

UnMod That Dead Island Weapon!

Do you have a weapon and wish to remove the blueprint or mod that's been applied to it? Well now you can! Provided you know how to HEX edit your Dead Island unencypted GS:

I have a Windows Command Prompt program I created called UnMod that will help you do that. It assumes you know how to HEX edit a GS. It also assumes you are familiar with other command prompt programs like CD and DIR.

With Unmod you can take basically any unheld weapon that you want and remove any mod or blueprint attached to it. The weapon must be in your inventory and not Jin's. Also it must NOT be in a weapon slot. That is your character is not currently holding it or able to switch to it as a held weapon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hvp4r3ay4wzwsnh

When you enter the command UnMod you should see following:

This routine will take an unencrypted Dead Island Game Save file
    and display only the weapons in inventory and not held
    after you have chosen which weapon you wish to remove mod from
    it will remove the mod and write changes to your GS
    Useage for UnMod Version 1.01:

>UnMod filename

Here is an example of an Auto Rifle from which I wanted to remove Shock:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnMod.jpg 
Views:	3425 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	3686
    In upper part is view with Shock Auto Rifle and after UnMod it is just an Auto Rifle!
    Last edited by reppoHssarg; 10-26-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Error in ver 1.00 please use 1.01

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reppoHssarg For This Useful Post:

reppoHssarg

Re: UnMod That Dead Island Weapon!

Anyone who downloaded UnMod and has ver 1.00 so sorry but that one does not work. The current working link is now above. Please download and try UnMod version 1.01. I forgot to test the other before posting.
    Big Mistake! Once again Sorry!

lolokay1

Took a tiny bit of tweaking to get it to behave correctly with problems on my end. It works flawlessly though!

EDIT: scratch that. "Save appears to be corrupt." Gave it three attempts.
    It seems like all this prompt did was change a whatever the Mod was to none in hex. Which doesn't work because it alters the length of the file without any compensation, which in fact just makes it corrupt.

If you've got it to work and load on your xbox let me know.
    Last edited by lolokay1; 10-26-2011 at 11:35 PM.

reppoHssarg

Quote Originally Posted by lolokay1 View Post
    Took a tiny bit of tweaking to get it to behave correctly with problems on my end. It works flawlessly though!

EDIT: scratch that. "Save appears to be corrupt." Gave it three attempts.
    It seems like all this prompt did was change a whatever the Mod was to none in hex. Which doesn't work because it alters the length of the file without any compensation, which in fact just makes it corrupt.

If you've got it to work and load on your xbox let me know.
    Could you please check and see which version you were trying. Is it 1.00 ? If so go back to top and download again as I have uploaded ver 1.01 that fixes my previous version. Yes the change to None is what makes it a normal weapon. My problem was I compensated the len in wrong direction. I added where I should have subtracted.

In any case I would like to know which version you tried.
    Thanks!

xMuRdoKx

Hmmmmm....
    So now you almost basicly giving me the fish away.... ;P
    Well not really since im not familiar with cmd prompt so I downloaded the wpnchg program you had made to try if i could figure it out....
    No luck there..... I need teachings... Or else a good video guide from youtube... (hmmm now that I think of that Ill go check it out right away!!)
    But I'll defenetly try this one out when i know how to use those cmd prompts thinggy.... Ill start by getting a list from the net :D
    In any case THX for those programs!!

lolokay1

Quote Originally Posted by reppoHssarg View Post
    In any case I would like to know which version you tried.
    Thanks!
    I used ver 1.01 for all three attempts. The problem I'm seeing is that there wasn't any compensation whatsoever either up or down.

reppoHssarg

Quote Originally Posted by lolokay1 View Post
    I used ver 1.01 for all three attempts. The problem I'm seeing is that there wasn't any compensation whatsoever either up or down.
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind sending me the GS and letting me see if I can figure out why it did not work for you? When I fix it I will send you back your altered GS.

lolokay1

Turns out the problem was the actual GS and not the program.

Works perfectly fine on all my other saves.

I'm just going to do it manually using the GS that actually works with this prompt as an outline.

EDIT: With the save that doesn't work in this program there seems to be a a different number for the unsigned and signed integer types while in the ones that work they have the same number.
    Last edited by lolokay1; 10-28-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast