360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Looking for a turbo controller...
Register
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Looking for a turbo controller...

I'm trying to find some place that sells modded controllers. I'm specifically looking for controllers where the face buttons have some sort of turbo setting (rapid fire for the triggers is ok, but not what I'm looking for). I'm really good at button mashing, but I have a bad elbow because I use my entire arm to do it. And I have a lot of games that use button mashing mechanics. I'd really like to stop worrying about stressing my muscles too hard by going 5 hits per second when I know it's possible to get much higher without the pain. Any ideas?

Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4519 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Administrator
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Looking for a turbo controller...

CONTROLLER FEATURES:

Control Function Switch -- Enables D-Pad to function as left analog stick, D-Pad, or right analog stick. Ensure Switch is set to the D-Pad "(DP)" setting to navigate through the Xbox 360 dashboard.

Two Turbo Speeds: Fast or Slow.

Face Fronting Right Bumper and Right Trigger buttons.

HOW TO PROGRAM THE TURBO:

NOTE: The action buttons to which the turbo feature can be assigned are: A, B, X, Y, LT, RT,
    LB and RB.

Press and hold the "TURBO" button. Once the "TURBO" button has been depressed, you will have a five- (5) second window
    to begin the programming process below:

1. While continuing to hold down the "TURBO" button, press the action button you want to assign turbo to:

a. One (1) time for fast turbo speed -- the turbo LED will flash rapidly.
    b. Two (2) times for slow turbo speed -- the turbo LED will flash slowly.
    c. Three (3) times to cancel turbo -- the turbo LED will go out.

2. To assign turbo to other action buttons, repeat step one (1) above.

3. Once turbo has been assigned to the desired action button(s), release the "TURBO" button to complete the process.

NOTE: The controller's turbo LED will remain illuminated during gameplay if an action button(s) has been properly programmed. If the setup procedure has not been properly executed, the turbo LED will not illuminate and the procedure must be retried.

HOW TO DISABLE THE TURBO:

NOTE: If the controller (wired) is unplugged from the console, or loses its wireless connection or is powered OFF (wireless), all turbo functionality will be cancelled.

There are two (2) different cancellation methods, individual action buttons and all action buttons:

Individual action buttons:

1. Press and hold the "TURBO" button

2. While continuing to hold down the "TURBO" button, press any action button(s) which turbo has been assigned to until the turbo LED goes out.

3. Repeat step two (2) above to cancel other action buttons.

All action buttons:

1. Press and hold the "TURBO" button for five (5) seconds without depressing any programmable action buttons.

2. After five (5) seconds, the turbo LED will illuminate for one (1) second and then go out, indicating all turbo functionality has been cancelled.

REVIEW:

These controllers are fairly inexpensive and the artwork is nice. However, they are lightweight and their construction feels somewhat cheap regarding the outer casing. However, they hold up very well and are easy to use. The button layout is somewhat different with the Right Bumper "RB" and Right Trigger "RT" featured on the front of the controller with the Left Trigger "LT" in the position of where you'd expect the Right Bumper "RB" to be.

There are also NO analog sticks but the D-pad can be programmed to function as the Left "LS" or Right "RS" analog stick by the switch of a button found on the back of the controller. The D-pad "directional pad" is REALLY NICE and moves really well. If you are into fighting games and Xbox Live Arcade games that do NOT require the use of both the Analog Sticks at the same time, this controller might be worth your while. Any Street Fighter fan should be able to find their favorite design from all the available choices.

Compared to other 3rd party Turbo Controllers, we still have to go with HORI Turbo Pad EX 2, which is also Officially licensed by Microsoft. The reason being is that the HORI has a similar layout of any regular Xbox 360 controller in that it has both Analog Sticks and normal button placement with the addition of being able to program a 3 speed turbo to any and all of those buttons, bumpers, triggers, sticks, and even the D-pad.
    Downloads : 151 || Uploads : 12 || Rep Power : 6873 || Posts : 3,322 || Thanks : 488 || Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,282 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Cool looking turbo Controllers
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 16110 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,446 Posts

Serious_M

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

You can do what I did with the 555 timmer.

I got an added button for every button. A on/off switch with indicating led. A Potentiometer to change the turbo speeds for all the controllers. You dont have to go all out and get a case like mine.

I use to make and sell these controllers.

This is an old video showing the turbo working by the indicating leds.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnus Hydra For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Hydra View Post
    You can do what I did with the 555 timmer.

I got an added button for every button. A on/off switch with indicating led. A Potentiometer to change the turbo speeds for all the controllers. You dont have to go all out and get a case like mine.

I use to make and sell these controllers.

This is an old video showing the turbo working by the indicating leds.
    This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! (Seph's idea is good, but the bumpers and triggers being relocated kind of breaks it for me.) I need to find a tutorial for this. Or I could commission somebody to make one. How much do you charge for these? ^-^
    Downloads : 20 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4519 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 628 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Isn't Razer's 360 controller a modded one with rapid-fire as well? Not too sure, but it does have some interesting features on it.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 3553 || Posts : 924 || Thanks : 85 || Thanked 229 Times in 133 Posts

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

At the time I was charging the amount for a controller and $35 plus shipping. I sold like 8ish or of them and stopped. If you want I can get u a tut on how to do it or if you REALLY want me to I might.

The last time I made one the ladies wanted the start and back buttons plus the rest to do turbo for resident evil 5 I think it was.. pm me what all buttons u want done Ill see if I have enough tack push button.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnus Hydra For This Useful Post: