360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls: How to Hex Edit your Items and Inventory (with pics!)
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    loveundermytail

Dark Souls: How to Hex Edit your Items and Inventory (with pics!)

Now there are a lot of Great Tutorials on here for Dark Souls Modding. The only thing is that there isn't any pictures or videos (anymore) on them. This is just a simple Tutorial on how to take take items from one save and adding them to another without injecting a USER_DATA file. This is a safer way than just injecting your USER_FILE.

Things you will need:

Program to extract your 360 saves from your USB (I use Horizon)

Hex editor (This is a Hex Workshop based tutorial so use this for best results!)

Bookmarks and Structures:

Structures: http://www.360haven.com/forums/attac...9&d=1319059327 (thanks to Turk645!)

Bookmarks: www.mediafire.com/?i88e178s5yos1od (Can't remember where I got these but to whoever made these rocks! Not trying to steal credit or anything I did not make these)

Working Hands attached to human

----Tutorial----

Step 1

You need to have your Original DRAKS0005 File and the USER_DATA file from it. You also need to have the USER_DATA file from the Save of your choice (Im using the Ultimate Save from Magnus Hydra http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...ussion-Only%21

Step 2

Open up your DRAKS0005 File, USER_DATA File, and the Ultimate USER_DATA File.

Red - your DRAKS005
    Green - Your USER_DATA File
    Cyan - Ultimate USER_DATA File

Step 3

Open up Structures and bookmarks for each File. Click USER_DATA File on your bookmarks in your DRAK0005 and you should see your Name and your USER_DATA data.

This has been explained so many times in the other Dark Souls Threads. But I am posting this to show you since searching is hard.

Bookmarks:

1.) Click Tools

2.) Highlight Bookmarks

3.) Click Open Bookmark Collection

4.) Navigate to the Bookmarks you want to open (i.e. if your in a DRAKS0005 file open the DRAKS0005 bookmark, etc.)

5.) Click the Bookmark you navigated to and Click Open

Structures:

1.) Click Tools

2.) Highlight Structure Viewer

3.) Click Select Structure Library

4.) Navigate to the Structure you want to use (if your using the ones I listed Click "dark souls item test.hsl")

5.) Click the the bracketed plus sign [+] down in the bottom left corner box that is your Structure Viewer Box

6.) A dialog box will pop up and select the structures you want and make sure it is set to Fixed Document

Step 4

Click your USER_DATA File and then Click Items in your Structure Library.

Okay this is where it gets important remember this area right before the Items are located.

Red - Area right before items (it will be different for your USER_DATA File)
    Cyan - this whole area is where you will be pasting your Items.

Step 5

Scroll all the way down to where your Items Structure ends and remember this area.

Red - Area where Items end.
    Cyan - You will need to find this area in your DRAKS0005 File later

Step 6

Click the Ultimate USER_DATA File and click your Items Structure like you just did in your USER_DATA File. You'll see the area and the Items you want in your save.

Red - Items Area
    Green - Structure you select and the Ultimate USER_DATA File
    Cyan - USER_DATA File with name and Character apperance

Step 7

Right Click your Items Structure and select "Select Structure Data" which will Highlight all of the Items in that USER_DATA File.

Red - What you have to Left-Click
    Green - What you have to Right-Click

Step 8

After Selecting the Entire Items Structure you will want to copy everything you highlighted. Like so...

Red - Left-Click

Step 9

Now you want to navigate back to your USER_DATA File and Right-click your Items Structure and Click Paste.

Step 10

Now Click your bookmark called Checksum in your USER_DATA File that your in.

Red - Checksum Bookmark
    Green - Checksum data in your USER_DATA File
    Cyan - You USER_DATA File

Step 11

Hit Ctrl+a to select everything in your USER_DATA File and then hold Shift and Left-Click right before your Checksum in your USER_DATA File.

Red - Your Checksum you should have not selected.

Step 12

Now with everything BUT your Checksum selected look up and there should be a Check Mark Icon in the second toolbar. This is the Generate Checksum Icon. Click this to generate a new Checksum for your DRAKS0005 File.

Red - Generate Checksum

Step 13

Now a box will pop up that has options for generating a new Checksum. Select MD5(128 bit) then make sure to click the small bubble next to Selection and then Click Generate.

Red - Everything you have to select.

Step 14

Now comes the annoying part. Go back to your DRAKS0005 File and select your USER_DATA Bookmark. Then scroll down until you see the area you found for items in your USER_DATA File. This must be the EXACT area or you will corrupt your save.

Red - Area you memorized before Item Data.
    Cyan - Your USER_DATA in your DRAKS0005 File
    Green - Your Generated Checksum
    Yellow - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Step 15

Select the Items and scroll down (this is take a bit) until you see the ending of the Item Data you were supposed to remember.

Red - Area right after items data ends.
    Cyan - Area to help you remember where item data ends.

Step 16

After Selecting all of that you will want to right click the area and select Paste. This will take the items that you copied from the Ultimate USER_DATA File and place them in your DRAKS0005 File.

Step 17

Finally click your Checksum Bookmark and highlight the selected Checksum Data. Click the Checksum tab next to the Bookmarks and Find tab down there at the bottom right. Copy that Generated Checksum and paste it over the one you just selected with your Bookmark.

Red - Highlighted Checksum Data you find with the Bookmark
    Cyan - Checksum Bookmark

Step 18

Now Save your DRAKS0005 File somewhere and Rehash and Resign it. Then finally inject it back to your USB or what you use and if you did everything right then it will load and work fine!

Congratulations you just successfully modding Darksouls! If it didn't work refer to Step 1.
    Last edited by loveundermytail; 11-04-2011 at 02:18 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveundermytail For This Useful Post:

BLongowa

Re: Dark Souls: How to Hex Edit your Items and Inventory (with pics!)

Question. How do you put the bookmark and structures into hex workshop?

Haven Donator
    Array

When using this method though you may not be able to get the collect all Weapons, Spells, Miracles, and Pyromancy though.
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2541 || Posts : 47 || Thanks : 39 || Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

loveundermytail

Quote Originally Posted by BLongowa View Post
    Question. How do you put the bookmark and structures into hex workshop?
    This has been explained so many times in the other Dark Souls Threads.

Bookmarks:

1.) Click Tools

2.) Highlight Bookmarks

3.) Click Open Bookmark Collection

4.) Navigate to the Bookmarks you want to open (i.e. if your in a DRAKS0005 file open the DRAKS0005 bookmark, etc.)

5.) Click the Bookmark you navigated to and Click Open

Structures:

1.) Click Tools

2.) Highlight Structure Viewer

3.) Click Select Structure Library

4.) Navigate to the Structure you want to use (if your using the ones I listed Click "dark souls item test.hsl")

5.) Click the the bracketed plus sign [+] down in the bottom left corner box that is your Structure Viewer Box

6.) A dialog box will pop up and select the structures you want and make sure it is set to Fixed Document

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel621 View Post
    When using this method though you may not be able to get the collect all Weapons, Spells, Miracles, and Pyromancy though.
    I just made this as a way to show everyone how to go about Hex Editing their own DRAKS0005 Files to some extent. I know it doesn't show much but it does show them where their items are located in the DRAKS0005 Files and what it takes to edit their items without injecting a USER_DATA File. You can still pick up items and everything just not much because your pretty much maxed out on all items, weapons, and armor. They can still easily collect Magic and Miracles though.

wyxsg

Hi there, I have a question!

If my save was modded before via hex editing (someone on the boards helped me with it) and the size was changed to 5MB, will this method work for me?

I know for certain the Snuggly Editor doesn't work for me, because of the checksum issue. (I think?) It always says theres's a problem with the checksum when I try to save the file after editing. I see that some other users have this problem as well.

Looking at your instructions it seems like the checksum is pretty important to the whole thing.

Sorry for the noob question, I'm pretty new to all this.

loveundermytail

Quote Originally Posted by wyxsg View Post
    Hi there, I have a question!

If my save was modded before via hex editing (someone on the boards helped me with it) and the size was changed to 5MB, will this method work for me?

I know for certain the Snuggly Editor doesn't work for me, because of the checksum issue. (I think?) It always says theres's a problem with the checksum when I try to save the file after editing. I see that some other users have this problem as well.

Looking at your instructions it seems like the checksum is pretty important to the whole thing.

Sorry for the noob question, I'm pretty new to all this.
    Yeah if the Snuggly editor doesn't work for you make sure your using the the latest version of it (so far its 1.2.0), try generating a new checksum with the way I posted and see then. If it doesn't work still then you might want to start thinking about a new character/ save.

wyxsg

Yeah I was already using the latest version, still getting the same problem. :S

Guess I'll try generating a new checksum.

One more question: If I have to create a new character, will I still be able to use this method to transfer my items to the new character? Will the checksum difference cause incompatibility?

Haven Donator
    Array

Great tutorial m8 the pics just make it that bit easier for newbies to hex editing like myself. I appreciate the time and
    effort you have put in thank you
    regards
    Grabber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast