People have wanted a more in-depth tutorial for HEXing this game, so I've decided to elaborate on the matter a bit.
Since I've been helping people and it's become a bit overwhelming, I'm gonna make this and hope for the best.
This can be coupled with my other tutorial on how to ready your save for editing.
This will use names from my other tutorial, so be familiar with it to understand this one fully.
Fairchild's Decompression Toolkit
Hex Workshop (or another hex editing tool)
7F = 127
FE = 254
FF = 255
(At "7F" stats are disabled and below they are negative. Stats can be set to any number from 1-128. Take your number add it to 127 and then convert it from a dec to hex. Example: I want 47 hero health. 47 + 127 = 174 = AE)
1. Open "save.decompressed" in Hex Workshop.
2. Find your weapon. (The easiest way to do this is to level it up fully and rename it, then look for the name)
3. Find the beginning of the stats. (The stats for each weapon are before the name. Look for the end of the previous weapon and follow the end look for "01 02 03". This is where the stats begin)
4. The first four bytes (two numbers/letters together) following "01 02 03" are Resistances. These should only be changed for pieces of armor.
Changing these to "FF" or "FE" will suffice.
5. The fifth byte does nothing (that I know of) and should be left alone.
6. The next four bytes control hero stats. These can also be set to "FF" or "FE" to max them out.
7. The next two are hero abilities. Thse can also be set to "FE" or "FF" to max them out.
8. The next four are tower stats and can also be maxed out.
9. Next is physical damage. I change mine to "00 FF FD FE". This is more than enough attack.
10. Additional projectiles is next. This should not be set high because it will make your game lag. Setting it to "93" may even be a bit high.
11. Projectile speed can be a bit crazy and I use "00 00 FF FF".
12. Elemental damage type follows and has a few settings.
01 = Poison
02 = Fire
03 = Electric
13. With elemental damage you should follow the same rules as physical damage. "00 FF FD FE"
14. The next four are item size and should just be left alone unless you have a good understanding of hex.
15. Skip four bytes and then you are at current upgrades. This can be changed to "01" to reset the upgrades you have used.
16. Skip four more and then you are at weapon ranged. This can be set to "FE" for Huntress and Apprentice weapos. Even Monk weapons should work.
17. Skip four and you're at clip size. This can be set t "00 FF FD FE" for a large clip on a gun/bow.
18. Reload speed should only be changed for a bow/gun. Set it to "FE" for maximum.
19. Knockback bonus can be set to "FE" for maximum knockback.
20. Charge speed can also be set to "FE" for Apprentice weapons.
21. Shots per second is for Huntresses and pets. Set this to "FE" for max.
22. Primary, secondary, quality and item color can all be left alone.
23. Max upgrade level is how many times you can level it up. I suggest "64" which is 100.
This tutorial was written while I was tired. Please take heed whilst reading it. I will revise it when I akaen.