360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Save Editor Source Code (WITH Inventory editing, proper style, no typing)
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    undeclared

Dark Souls Save Editor Source Code (WITH Inventory editing, proper style, no typing)

Hi all,

I'm about 95% done a Dark Souls Save Editor, with full inventory editing. I don't have the time anymore to continue it, but if anyone with sufficient C# skills (and proof they actually know what they're doing) would be interested in finishing it, I'd happily share the spotlight with said person.

I am dealing with VERY minor issues. I think it could be 2-3 hours, and the save editor is done, and your name is on it :P

It currently does EVERYTHING but the inventory editor part. This is the only thing that needs to be finished, and the hex locations as well as a database of items is already finished, it's just some issues with getting it all to work together.

Post here or PM, I'll be around.
    Last edited by undeclared; 11-16-2011 at 06:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to undeclared For This Useful Post:

undeclared

Re: Dark Souls Save Editor

Attached is the save editor.

Some notes:
    - GenerateChecksum may or may not work properly (reason: I can't seem to figure out which encoding the MD5 is looking for, experimentation will be required)
    - MemoryInt fields actually write directly to the value, so it's considered changed in the save game once the MemoryStream is transferred to a FileStream, etc..
    - InventoryEditor for the Equipped Items part needs to be finished
    - To actually save the file, you will need to take the MemoryStream the file is stored in, copy it to a filestream, then write it to disk, THEN run the resign/rehash function

I just want this finished, I don't care if it's me. It's not my best C# work ever, there is no /// comments, but it's pretty self explanatory for the most part.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following User Says Thank You to undeclared For This Useful Post:

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

my save editor is olmost done, already has full inventory editor working :)

Edit : just looked over your source, and program looks really cool.
    you should finish this project.

olso noticed that you are editing the stfs directly... witch is not a good idea, espacialy with this game, since the Headerdata Changes.

besides that, good job, i bet it will be very usefull for manny around here :)

undeclared

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    my save editor is olmost done, already has full inventory editor working :)

Edit : just looked over your source, and program looks really cool.
    you should finish this project.

olso noticed that you are editing the stfs directly... witch is not a good idea, espacialy with this game, since the Headerdata Changes.

besides that, good job, i bet it will be very usefull for manny around here :)
    STFS directly? What do you mean?

I should be using X360, take out the user_data file, then reinsert it or something?

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by undeclared View Post
    STFS directly? What do you mean?

I should be using X360, take out the user_data file, then reinsert it or something?
    For games like this, you should take out the save file from the STFS Container when editing the data, that way it will be easier for you, and less errors/corruption throughout usage.

undeclared

Hmm okay... wouldn't the rehash from x360 just fix these problems though?

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by undeclared View Post
    Hmm okay... wouldn't the rehash from x360 just fix these problems though?
    No, that only fixes the games hash tables. Editing the STFS file directly, is a lot more complicated than it seems. It's not the way it works and it's just going to give you issues.

undeclared

Re: Dark Souls Save Editor Source Code (WITH Inventory editing, proper style, no typi

It would be a shame if nobody finished this though, because it's extremely close to completion.

The GUI is pretty much completed, there is some minor work to be done, some minor bug fixes, and the entire STFS ordeal (Which would mean nothing more than I THINK X360.DLL which I already use, using it to grab user_data, edit it, then reinsert it... change HexLocation.User_Data from E000 to just not using it at all.....)

Wouldn't be a lot of work, I'm happy to share credit. I don't have the time nor the patience right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast