360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Retro Studio's desired to make next Zelda game
    News Reporter

Retro Studio's desired to make next Zelda game

Name:  retro-studios-logo.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  29.4 KB
    Shigeru Miyamoto has told Wired that he thinks the development studio behind the Metroid Prime series and Donkey Kong Country Returns could be a good fit for creating an instalment of The Legend of Zelda franchise. Would you like to see Retro Studios develop a Zelda game?

Wired.com: It’s come out since Mario Kart 7 came out, there have been some articles about how Retro Studios was very deeply involved in the making of this game, and it’s considered a landmark for the series because you had this collaboration between EAD and Retro. And I’m curious as to whether you think that this would be an interesting model for more games, like a Mario platformer or a Zelda game, to have a Western team and a Japanese team working in close concert to produce a game like that.

Miyamoto: First of all, let me talk a little bit more in detail about how we collaborated with Retro Studios this time. Of course, they were taking care of the game designing aspect. Specifically, they were taking care of the design of the courses and the artwork about that. But when it comes to the gameplay and the control mechanism itself, that’s being taken care of by EAD once again.

People often say that videogames made by Western developers are somehow different in terms of taste for the players, in comparison with Japanese games. I think that means that the Western developers and Japanese developers, they are good at different fields. And that resulted in a different taste in [their games]. Mario Kart, I believe, was good in order to express that kind of different taste because we have many kinds of different courses for the Mario karts to run and race around. So for each of the different courses, we could identify: Retro is supposed to take care of this course, and EAD is going to do that, and such and such. Then, we were able to join forces in order to realize a variety of different courses, a variety of different tastes. I think that’s one reason how it worked out well between a Japanese development team and a Western development team.

As you know, we have already collaborated with Retro for the Metroid Prime series in the past. And I think when we talk about any other franchise, Zelda might be a possible franchise for that collaboration

Downloads : 26 || Uploads : 10 || Rep Power : 4584 || Posts : 2,321 || Thanks : 269 || Thanked 614 Times in 419 Posts

The Immortal God

Twitter: @

Re: Retro Studio's desired to make next Zelda game

ive gotta say i did really like the Metroid Prime series and Donky Kong Returns, so i would like to see what they could come up with but still uncertain how i feel about it, nice info longy :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 21733 || Posts : 18,759 || Thanks : 4,444 || Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,605 Posts

Eternal Dragoon

Re: Retro Studio's desired to make next Zelda game

Can it be don by retro thats the question , I think they can
    Downloads : 57 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 15648 || Posts : 13,032 || Thanks : 3,661 || Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,446 Posts