KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE to get a "Requel" in 2012
Register
    Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @

KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE to get a "Requel" in 2012

http://www.comicbookmovie.com

Those of us who are products of the 1980's will remember a gem of a film called Killer Klowns from Outer Space, which featured a troop of large, misshapen, creepy clowns who came from outer space to use humans as a food source. Taking cues from early B-Movies, the camp is quite prevalent and the circus theme is carried all throughout the film, from the popcorn bombs and silly string guns, to the cotton candy cocoons they story their human feasts in. Needless to say,Killer Klowns is cheesy horror at its best.

Here's the good news, it seems that a "requel" is headed to theaters sometime in 2012. Firstshowing, via Facebook, has learned that the Chiodo Brothers, who wrote, directed and did the puppeteer work for the original 1988 film have been working on a new film for the series and the production is well under way. The film, likely to be titled Return of the Killer Klowns from Outer Space (tacky, but fitting) will likely be filmed in 3D.

Apparently, the duo have been trying to get the ball rolling on the project for some time, but weren't able to pull the trigger until distribution was picked up, and from the sounds of things, that has happened. While an actual release date has yet to be set, they are hoping to get the film released sometime in 2012. Grant Cramer, who played Mike Tobacco in the original film, will be returning to the role, acting as a mentor to two new leads who must fend off the Klowns to save the planet.

I don't know about you, but I love the idea of this. The original film is super campy, but highly entertaining. The puppeteer work was way cool and added a certain level of creepiness to the Klowns and I look forward to seeing what the Chiodo Brothers have in store for a newer film.

facebook
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6258 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Re: KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE to get a "Requel" in 2012

i remember watching this, was kinda weird lol, but i would definitely like to see how they will make this "requel", nice share Sterling
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 22145 || Posts : 18,760 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,095 Times in 2,607 Posts

Banned Noob
    Array

Wonderful news I still have this on dvd

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

i have the 1st one on dvd. hope it gets a blu-ray release.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 6258 || Posts : 3,352 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,428 Times in 637 Posts

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array

double post...

Array

I remember when this movie came out!!! Remember the part with them singing "Over there, over there, over there, right there..."
    Man I'm getting old
    Downloads : 33 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2667 || Posts : 130 || Thanks : 31 || Thanked 88 Times in 30 Posts

I Share Modding Information

Array

NO SHIT!!!! I almost slapped my girl cause she said the movie was stupid when we watched it lol