A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:
- New 'Speed Test Pack' DLC
The Speed Test Pack DLC will add a Speed Test feature to Gran Turismo 5 and will be released for sale on the PlayStation®Store from January 17th, 2012. The price of the DLC will be $3.99.
The new Special Stage Route X Oval track is also included in this pack as a special stage for performing the tests. Measure the performance of your favorite cars with a variety of test features. When this DLC is purchased, the Special Stage Route X Oval will become available to use in the Arcade Mode, Practice, and in Online races. For details, please follow the link below.
- Speed Test Pack
- New 'Car Pack 3' DLC
The latest Car Pack 3 DLC will add more new cars to Gran Turismo 5, and will be released for sale on the PlayStation®Store from January 17th, 2012. The price of the DLC will be $5.99.
Featuring cars from both past and present, it includes Lamborghini's latest flagship model Aventador, Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, 66' Volkswagen 1200, Mini Cooper S Countryman, and Nissan Leaf. For details, please follow the link below.
- Car Pack #3
- 12 new My Home theme colors and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game. Please find these from the [My Home Settings]-[My Home Design] menu on the left side of the screen.
- Tire wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec, to prevent tires from wearing out completely during long races.
- Regenerative braking (which recovers energy by converting kinetic energy into electricity) in electric cars have been made stronger to extend driving distance.
- Electric cars will now also creep forward (as in standard automatic cars) when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
- Regarding the Chaparral 2J race car's performance points, the increased performance factor due to the downforce produced by the fan is now calculated.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.
[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.
If the number starts with "Ver. 2.03", you are playing the latest version of the game.
If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.