360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Finding The Checksum?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Awesome Member

Array

Confused Finding The Checksum?

Ok so I read a lot of stuff that you guys posted about checksums but the only trouble I'm having right now is actually finding the checksum. Cause either I'm blind, or just too noob to find it. I've tried comparing multiple saves and I've figured out that the offset that I'm changing isn't encrypted cause it says what I'm trying to change in the right side of the hex editor (gvExperience) and I'm pretty sure it's a checksum cause I've tried to change my exp points multiple times but the game tells me the save is corrupted. I've checked to make sure I changed the correct value everytime and even tried to change the value just a little bit to make sure I wasn't going over a "cap" on exp points but no good, still said save was corrupted. So yea is there any specific way to find out the checksum in the hex editor cause I've found a MD5 checksum for the gamesave through an outside program called "Simple Checksum" but I haven't found the checksum in the hex editor.

Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2432 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 37 Times in 9 Posts

Awesome Member

Array

Re: Finding The Checksum?

Ok so I found a checksum button *facepalm* that will generate a checksum for the savegame
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 2432 || Posts : 125 || Thanks : 150 || Thanked 37 Times in 9 Posts

Awesome Member

Array

But I'm still not to sure what to do now that I have a checksum...

Banned Noob
    Array
    Twitter: @

I believe you first have to figure out what type it is and switch it with a different checksum but have it still be the same type of checksum

If that didn't make to much sense then go to this link and scroll down to where it says something about checksums, basically in that thread it explains what I'm talking about

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...d-Game-Modding

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent Valentine For This Useful Post:

Awesome Member

Array

Ok I think I found the checksum at the end of the data.dat file and it seems to me like its a MD5 checksum but for both the saves (modded, non-modded) they both have the same last four bytes "6B B1 3D 02" and on the right side of the hex editor it shows "k . - ." are they suppose to be different?

Banned Noob
    Array
    Twitter: @

Did you ever figure it out yet?

Hoshikage

Array

Checksums always change. If the checksum file length is in the save, it never changes.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 5870 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,970 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Banned Noob
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by 007sonic View Post
    Ok so I read a lot of stuff that you guys posted about checksums but the only trouble I'm having right now is actually finding the checksum. Cause either I'm blind, or just too noob to find it. I've tried comparing multiple saves and I've figured out that the offset that I'm changing isn't encrypted cause it says what I'm trying to change in the right side of the hex editor (gvExperience) and I'm pretty sure it's a checksum cause I've tried to change my exp points multiple times but the game tells me the save is corrupted. I've checked to make sure I changed the correct value everytime and even tried to change the value just a little bit to make sure I wasn't going over a "cap" on exp points but no good, still said save was corrupted. So yea is there any specific way to find out the checksum in the hex editor cause I've found a MD5 checksum for the gamesave through an outside program called "Simple Checksum" but I haven't found the checksum in the hex editor.
    I asked this question awhile ago and I dont understand them either...its goin to suck makin tools for newer games seein as most newer games has some type of security on them...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast