PDA

View Full Version : Player/character mods

jordanpower6
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi, i was wondering why is it that very few games have mods where you can play as npc's or change your character etc alot of games have files that have been cracked fully and have mods like model swaps and character changes yet others don't. Even though they have editors that can extract/edit model, data and other files from the game.

i know this is probably a stupid question but im curious:bigsmile:

Renegade
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi, i was wondering why is it that very few games have mods where you can play as npc's or change your character etc alot of games have files that have been cracked fully and have mods like model swaps and character changes yet others don't. Even though they have editors that can extract/edit model, data and other files from the game.

i know this is probably a stupid question but im curious:bigsmile:It's not that people haven't done so, It's just people intend to use the potential of unsigned code as online cheating or gaining profit from it, I personally have done some model swaps with Sonic games, and some others.

jordanpower6
02-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Ah right so say a game like Dead space 2 because on xentax they have fully opened the files and got all data etc out of them does that mean that model swaps and playing as npc's is possible?

Renegade
02-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Ah right so say a game like Dead space 2 because on xentax they have fully opened the files and got all data etc out of them does that mean that model swaps and playing as npc's is possible?If someone had a look at it i don't see why not ;)

Krauser
02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
The one and only game that i saw,where u can play as anyone/npc/other models is Way of Samurai 3 -.- So i dont know what to answer

Renegade
02-10-2011, 07:32 PM
The one and only game that i saw,where u can play as anyone/npc/other models is Way of Samurai 3 -.- So i dont know what to answerThere's a lot of games that can be modded on the PC, and then ported to x360, It's not that hard to be honest.

Krauser
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
There's a lot of games that can be modded on the PC, and then ported to x360, It's not that hard to be honest.

I meant without modding =) "a lot of games that can be modded n ported" like what,fallout 3 / oblivion / backbreaker?) That the only ones i know honestly)

jordanpower6
02-10-2011, 10:10 PM
The one and only game that i saw,where u can play as anyone/npc/other models is Way of Samurai 3 -.- So i dont know what to answer

halo series, soul calibur 4, fallout 3, oblivion, there are quite a few that have this kind of mod but im wondering why is it that on halo etc you can play as any character/npc yet on a game like dead space 2 or vanquish etc this kind of mod doesnt exsist even though the files have been hacked and can be opend and viewed just like halo's most games have models etc extracted from them but don't have half the mods that halo and soul calibur etc do.

lickerout
02-24-2011, 02:24 PM

there's also fable 3 and more than likely a few others like mass effect 2 (maybe bordelands via the willow tree editor i'm not sure about that one though) where you can switch out your character data with any npc as long as you know the right code with thier respective save editors gibbed's mass effect 2 save editor and via svens fable 3 save editor.

jordanpower6
03-02-2011, 03:33 PM
If someone had a look at it i don't see why not ;)

thanks for the info i have always wondered this i went on xentax and there swapping models and animations etc from dead space 2 so should be fun to play as a brute =)