PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Network Down Thursday There's a "significant maintenance period" coming.

BrayWyatt
02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
www.ign.com

Get your online gaming fix today and tomorrow, because the PlayStation Network will be down for maintenance on Thursday, March 1st. PlayStation Corporate Communications and Social Media Director Patrick Seybold described the outage (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/27/playstation-network-regular-scheduled-maintenance-on-thursday/) as a "significant maintenance period" that'll last from 8 a.m. to about 10 p.m. Pacific time. During the outage, you won't be able to sign in, use PSN-enabled websites, play games online or access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and account management.

If you're looking for something to do during the outage, why not leave a comment below or watch the latest episode of Up at Noon? The show has absolutely nothing to do with this news story, but maybe it'll take your mind off of the Trophies you're not syncing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sC74gbwtrvk

UPDATE:
So, after getting us all hot and bothered about the PlayStation Network being down today -- Thursday, March 1st -- Sony has postponed the downtime. No new timetable has been announced.

UPDATE #2
The PlayStation Network will be down from Sunday March 4th until Monday March 5th as Sony's online network has scheduled maintenance. The downtime will begin at noon Pacific on Sunday and will last until 2am Pacific Monday making it unavailable for users to sign in and making PS Home inaccessible.

Unlike typical maintenance events, consumers who are already signed-in to PSN will be signed-out, and consumers will be unable to sign in for the duration of the maintenance window. During this time, users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online. PSN enabled websites will not be able to service users, including this one.

CloudStrife7x
02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
nice information shared Sterling havent played ps3 recently so this wont affect me lol

Judd
02-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Damn they never been down that long before that I have seen. I sold my PS3 recently because online was annoying me lol

BrayWyatt
02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
dont forget about the psn breach. that was the longest the psn was down.

Paprika
02-29-2012, 03:20 AM
dont forget about the psn breach. that was the longest the psn was down.

Thaty was ludicrious how long it was down for. Don't play online on PSN so it won't effect me at all:) (plus my plus membership must've just ran out so meh)

Judd
02-29-2012, 03:22 AM
dont forget about the psn breach. that was the longest the psn was down.Is that when they gave everyone a free game download? I missed it :(

BrayWyatt
03-01-2012, 08:43 PM
added new info...

CloudStrife7x
03-01-2012, 08:45 PM
added new info...

i wonder when it will happen then lol, thanks for the update :)

BrayWyatt
03-01-2012, 08:47 PM
when i find out. ill post it. :) i completely forgot about it anyway.

CloudStrife7x
03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
when i find out. ill post it. :) i completely forgot about it anyway.

me too until you posted the update lol, and i can always count on you :)

BrayWyatt
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
updated the info

CloudStrife7x
03-03-2012, 09:53 PM
updated the info

thanks for the update Sterling :)