PDA

View Full Version : Black OPS?

NINJA JAY
12-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey guys...I see that a new version of Vahalla has a black OPS tool (so it says on xboxdev). Does anyone know what it does and if it it can be made outside of that program for the poor common folk?

I have the GOD mode saves and you really dont need much outside of that but I just wanted to check it out and see if there were any other features/mods that can be done like the last game and all the mods such as gravity and ammo. Let me know...THANKS!

Buddah
12-05-2010, 07:56 AM
its just a bunch of text strings that you can edit. maybe jizza can work on out...i know that i cant

Sephiroth
12-05-2010, 08:12 AM
We should ask jizzabeez or feudalnate or maybe mojobojo :p

Genesis
12-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Buddah it's not just a bunch of strings.I'm not 100% sure but this game might have compression (never researched it) But other cod games do.Like the common.ff file will have zlib compression (on the iso) at the sametime I just remembered something cod4 MW2 had adler32 on the save.SO I think that the black-ops game might have something Simuler (Checksum on the game). Saves and iso is diff it seems with this game when it come to security.

Edit:Sry I'm researching this game at the sametime typing (since you don't got a jtag you can't hack it,So it's retail sigh)Anyway I was looking in the save and I found somethings.For starters it's not using a checksum and I't don't look like compression (Can't confirm unless I take a peek inside the xex)But has of right now it looks like Encryption (0x450 - eof) I think it covers to eof maybe less have to research hehe.

But in anycase SM,When i was working with him on something at the time,He didn't look like he knew alot about ppc,But Jester on the other hand knows alot of **** he might of also got the info to crack else where time will tell.

Sry if my lang is strange I'm Japanese:P

Matt
12-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Buddah it's not just a bunch of strings.I'm not 100% sure but this game might have compression (never researched it) But other cod games do.Like the common.ff file will have zlib compression (on the iso) at the sametime I just remembered something cod4 MW2 had adler32 on the save.SO I think that the black-ops game might have something Simuler (Checksum on the game). Saves and iso is diff it seems with this game when it come to security.

Edit:Sry I'm researching this game at the sametime typing (since you don't got a jtag you can't hack it,So it's retail sigh)Anyway I was looking in the save and I found somethings.For starters it's not using a checksum and I't don't look like compression (Can't confirm unless I take a peek inside the xex)But has of right now it looks like Encryption (0x450 - eof) I think it covers to eof maybe less have to research hehe.

But in anycase SM,When i was working with him on something at the time,He didn't look like he knew alot about ppc,But Jester on the other hand knows alot of **** he might of also got the info to crack else where time will tell.

Sry if my lang is strange I'm Japanese:P

Well COD 4 and MW2 had adler32 both I think because both of them were done by infinity ward. I doubt treyarch did the same but you never know..

EDIT: Also the game has a security check somewhere in the save or xex I am not sure where it is but I know it has it. Anyways it checks to make sure dvars are normal values and if they are not they are reset. I think. Tell me if I am wrong.

Genesis
12-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Well in anycase it mostly would have encryption since I checked on it.But diff companys put diff things on it.

And the checks are in both the xex and the save so to speak,If you look inside the xex you can find out how to decrypt or w/e the save or find the check that there using.Or you can hack the xex to get alot of ammo ect and that will only be used for a jtag.But it sucks tho becuz if we had a team we can make blackops editor:(

Buddah
12-06-2010, 07:21 AM
crc32 matt

Genesis
12-07-2010, 05:37 AM
No it had adler32 :P or atleast I knew COD4 MW2 did.

NINJA JAY
12-07-2010, 10:57 PM
They just put a video up for vahalla showing the mods on retail console working for zombies and campaign...it looks awesome! I really hope someone with knowledge can get something going cause sure as hell can't afford a platnum membership let alone anything with 2 kids and the holiday's here!

I noticed that the newer version of modio got rid of the COD tool? anyone else see this?

Mocha
12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Well COD 4 and MW2 had adler32 both I think because both of them were done by infinity ward. I doubt treyarch did the same but you never know..

EDIT: Also the game has a security check somewhere in the save or xex I am not sure where it is but I know it has it. Anyways it checks to make sure dvars are normal values and if they are not they are reset. I think. Tell me if I am wrong.

Cod 4 had CRC32, not sure about MW2. But black ops has AES Encryption + Hmac hash.

Buddah
12-07-2010, 11:26 PM
No it had adler32 :P or atleast I knew COD4 MW2 did.

may want to check again mate, they are both crc32.

NINJA JAY
12-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Well...I love this editor but was it put in here by accident? LOL...

NINJA JAY
12-08-2010, 03:30 AM
I Have to double post as I can not edit my last post! due to it not showing when I go to the next page...only the TLR editor shows???

I dont know what the hell is going on but when I go to next page from my black ops thread it shows the TLR version 3.5 editor???? Hence my previous post...I have cleared cookies and rebooted...still going on...I hope it is temporary...CRAZY!

Anyone else?

Genesis
12-16-2010, 03:43 AM
may want to check again mate, they are both crc32.

No your wrong COD4 MW2 Has adler32 COD4 MW had CRC32

uint adler32(byte[] data){
uint a = 1;
uint b = 0;

for(int i = 0; i < data.Length; i++){
a = (a + data[i]) % 65521;
b = (b + a) % 65521;
}

return (b << 16) | a;
}

This is how it will be used

iostream.Position = 0x454;
uint sum = adler32(reader.ReadBytes(iostream.Length - 0x454));

iostream.Position = 0x8;
writer.WriteUInt32(sum);

This code Calculates the check on MW2 SAVE.

kero
12-18-2010, 01:26 PM
They just put a video up for vahalla showing the mods on retail console working for zombies and campaign...it looks awesome! I really hope someone with knowledge can get something going cause sure as hell can't afford a platnum membership let alone anything with 2 kids and the holiday's here!

I noticed that the newer version of modio got rid of the COD tool? anyone else see this?
I think they were saying they mod the users profile so it works on retail boxes. I think there were similar mods done with xex hacks. Most of the hacks seemed to get transfered to the save. Thats why i made the god mode save set for those who have a retail box. None of these other mods got me interested and i know with things like unlimited ammos its stuffed the game up at certain points as you could not change weapons.

Ninja Twin
12-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Are there any Zombie mods that do not need a Jtag console. I just popped in the game today and the Zombie mode is a pain in the ass.

kero
12-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Are there any Zombie mods that do not need a Jtag console. I just popped in the game today and the Zombie mode is a pain in the ass. All mods are reset when you start a level or start zombies. For the campaigne i made a save set at the very first checkpoint of each level with god mode enabled. It resets when you start the next level. So to get it back you need to load the next save. With Zombies you can not load a save so retail boxes can not run the mods that way.

BrayWyatt
12-24-2010, 02:42 AM
ide like to see an editor like the other CoD games have.