PDA

View Full Version : Game saves into internet explorer files?

watisuphome
03-09-2012, 03:24 AM
every time i try to save an xbox 360 game save for any game the file cannot seem to find the "correct program" to use it with, so by default it opens it up with internet explorer. This problem appeared out of no where.

Vincent Valentine
03-09-2012, 08:22 AM
well it depends on what your trying to use with that file... if your using it to be opened up in any hex editor just simply drag and drop the file into the program, same goes for Horizon and for Modio just simply choose open a save and find the correct file.

If none of those that i stated above are what you are trying to open your save file in please comment what you need your file opened in and ill help you

JizzaBeez
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
every time i try to save an xbox 360 game save for any game the file cannot seem to find the "correct program" to use it with, so by default it opens it up with internet explorer. This problem appeared out of no where.

Normally you can't just open a gamesave like a normal file type and expect your computer to know what kind of file it is or what program to open it with. You need to check your file associations and see what you have to open those file types by default. Maybe you accidentally set your browser to open a certain type of file or either unknown file types. Also, for example, if it's a Call of Duty gamesave, they are usually a .SVG file, and that file type is normally a "Scalable Vector Graphics" file and web browsers (among other things) will use and associate with it. But it is indeed not the same thing. If for instance, you wanted to have a hex editor open certain file types or unknown file types (not standard) then you need to set the hex editor (or other program) to associate with that file type(s). Or just simply open the hex editor (or any program) and then open the file from within the program. Clicking to open a file will not always get you the desired results unless your computer is configured that way.

watisuphome
03-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Ok thank you guys. I was just wondering since these file changes happened out of no where, before hand the file had nothing to open with which i found was "normal" i now know that its just the call of duty files.

JizzaBeez
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Ok thank you guys. I was just wondering since these file changes happened out of no where, before hand the file had nothing to open with which i found was "normal" i now know that its just the call of duty files.

So I take it the file(s) you were mainly inquiring about was the Call of Duty gamesaves?

watisuphome
03-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Correct.