PDA

View Full Version : EA: Mass Effect 3 'From Ashes' DLC Not On Disc

BrayWyatt
03-12-2012, 09:01 PM
www.ign.com

EA has responded to claims that Mass Effect 3's 'From Ashes' DLC, which provides a new character and mission, is included on the game's disc.

From Ashes is provided free for fans who purchase the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition, or available for $10 to everyone else. Previously, the content leaked to Xbox Live and caused controversy among fans unhappy with EA for releasing day one DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zRRpGlmtws8

A Video Alleging that From Ashes is Included on the Disc

Over the weekend, a video began making the rounds claiming From Ashes was included with Mass Effect 3 and that a single line of code could be altered to unlock the content. EA now says this is not the case.

"From Ashes is a 600 MB+ download with all new content, including the mission on Eden Prime, new dialogue options and conversations with Javik, new cinematics, the Prothean weapon, and new appearances for all squad members," EA told Game Informer. "All of the above content was completed while the main game was in certification and are not available on the disc."

"As stated previously, in order to seamlessly integrate Javik into the core campaign, certain framework elements and character models needed to be put on disc," the statement continues. "We did something similar with Zaeed and Kasumi in Mass Effect 2."

Did you buy From Ashes? Let us know in the comments below.

Noctis Caelum
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
it was a great release i enjoyed it alot so thank u...also i have every achievement in the game yay ready for some new ones lol

CloudStrife7x
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
well since i dont have the game this dont pertain to me lol, but still great share Sterling :)

fullmetal172
03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey red I'm only like 5 hours in should I wait till I finish the game to get it or should I just get it now?

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk

voidmage09
03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
hmm if it was on disc all this time an ea just hide it they just became greedy. for me i cant say really

JizzaBeez
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I got it with the Collector's Edition. (xbox360)

lickerout
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
I got it with the Collector's Edition. (xbox360)
same here, but it was supposed to be a collectors edition extra only originally but because of complaints they released it as a full on dlc.

hyde666
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Mass Effect 3 have a great grapic 3D, this game also release for iOS games, the grapic is extreamly great for iOS games..