PDA

View Full Version : ME3 player banned for spending money in multiplayer

BrayWyatt
03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
www.qj.net

Earlier this week a user on the EA forums known as Semtex Jack had put up a notification that his account had been banned from the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer mode for "suspected credit hacking." Apparently during the game Jack had acquired millions of credits after playing in a multiplayer match but didn't know how or why he got them. He then bought heaps of in-game items including spectre boxes with magical cash. Jack logged in the next day only to receive a note from EA saying " This account is invalid."

Help was on it's way in the form of Senior Marketing Manager Jarrett Lee who was responded to Jack's problem with a live team to help him get back to shooting dudes in multiplayer quicksmart. However, after some data checking, Lee came back with, “Jack – unfortunately the data analysis on your account does not entirely support your story. I’ll leave it at that and not make this awkward. I've got your case being looked at and it’s being escalated, but I’ll step out of this situation now because it’s not really my territory."

You can actually see the whole conversation between Bioware and Jack here.

But who do you think was in the wrong? What happened with Jack's account? For all you ME3 players out there, have you heard of similar stories?

CloudStrife7x
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
well that sucks for that guy, hope it gets resolved for him

Noctis Caelum
03-12-2012, 09:16 PM
yea people been modding the online for the pc like crazy lol

BrayWyatt
03-12-2012, 09:17 PM
this is really f'ed up. if he modded something to get that many credits. i really dont think he would of posted about it.

voidmage09
03-12-2012, 09:46 PM
i guess i stay away form online play just in case

XajNyne
03-12-2012, 09:54 PM
this is really f'ed up. if he modded something to get that many credits. i really dont think he would of posted about it.

I agree. Only a fool shoots himself in the foot.

ripghoti
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
I agree. Only a fool shoots himself in the foot.

I have run into some people online who may be stupid enough to actually do that. That being said, this would still be a pretty stupid move.

longy999
03-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Sounds like a double bluff to me, I reckon he modded his credits then realised his game was screwed through the ban and had to think fast. By raising the issue himself everyone will always come to the ''why would he speak up'' conclusion thus making him look innocent.

Maybe he is just an innocent victim of someone else's hacking but I highly doubt it personally

Judd
03-19-2012, 02:19 AM
this is really f'ed up. if he modded something to get that many credits. i really dont think he would of posted about it.Yeah but you never know.

When I flashed my Xbox I rang Xbox and asked if the Xbox was safe to go online and they told me to insert a game (burnt). I did and updated the game and the guy on the phone said it was fine. After that I never got banned at all and was online for 3 years paying games unverified and weeks early. I don't know if it was luck or he did something to say my account was fine but it seemed to work.

My point is he might of done it then played innocent to get away with it, you see my point?

ixc_dee
03-19-2012, 02:51 AM
this is really f'ed up. if he modded something to get that many credits. i really dont think he would of posted about it. Why wouldn't he? Not saying he did or didn't mod. But nonetheless, maybe he modded and didn't expect to get caught. But when he did the only thing he could think of to get himself back online was to post and get some attention. Needless to say this is the part I hate about bans in games “Jack – unfortunately the data analysis on your account does not entirely support your story. I’ll leave it at that and not make this awkward.'' I remember playing Black Ops and had my account reset back to Rank 0 No prestige from Rank 44 7th Prestige. No information was given as to why I was ban, I was just told they found significant ''data'' to reset me and they couldn't change it back. And that was that. I know they say he was banned for the credits, but whats all this ''data analysis'' they have?

007sonic
03-19-2012, 03:11 AM
well whether he modded it his self or not it still isn't letting him play the dlc that he payed for which is a lot more serious that some worthless in-game money they should of at least let him play his dlc and if not then refund him his money because you cant sell something to someone then just forcibly take it back. I mean i can see if someone were to buy a gun and kill someone with it, then of course you would take it back but were talking in game items that have now purpose in life other than making a player feel a bit more satisfied. Just saying I think that is pretty f**k up that they won't let him play his dlc.

Enter Chandman
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Same thing happened to a friend of mine that i met through a round