PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Sales Reach 31 Million

Judd
03-17-2012, 09:42 AM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/konami/metalgearsolidhdcollection/mgshd6.11610.jpg

Through December 31, 2011, the Metal Gear series has sold 31 million copies worldwide since the original launched in 1987, Konami said today.

The announcement comes in conjunction with the opening of the Art of Video Games Exhibition today at the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington D.C. Both Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty will be on display. Series creator Hideo Kojima himself will be in attendance to give a talk with the museum’s curator.

Kojima's studio recently began hiring for the next Metal Gear game that utilizes its new Fox Engine.

[Source: Metalgearsolid.nl, Konami Japan]

CloudStrife7x
03-17-2012, 03:42 PM
that is because Metal Gear is awesome lol, nice share Judd :)

Noctis Caelum
03-17-2012, 03:55 PM
always loved this game they deserve that money

Serious_M
03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
this game is worth it all the way

MadeGuy
03-17-2012, 08:38 PM
What a nice read. I've just started a new game on the PSX Metal Gear Solid; ironically after finishing Snake Eater last week. Phenomenal series and I can't wait for the Raiden focused game.

Judd
03-18-2012, 03:05 AM
always loved this game they deserve that moneyYep and deserve even more with upcoming games. I don't know how theres people that don't like it.

Paprika
03-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Yep and deserve even more with upcoming games. I don't know how theres people that don't like it.

Kids who don't like story and only want fast paced action with explosions:)

Absolutely love the MG series, easily one of the best series out there. Maybe I should send a resume to Fox try to get hired:P