PDA

View Full Version : What Web Browser Are You Using?

Sephiroth
02-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Here is how you can figure out which browser you are using:
Windows

While using your browser/online application:

Click on "Help" in the top menu bar
Within the "Help" menu chose "About"
This will launch a window that tells the name and version of the browser you are currently using
Check for the browser name and version number

Macintosh

While using your browser/online application:

Click the apple icon in the upper left hand corner (OSX users choose either Explorer, Netscape, Opera, etc.)
Chose "About [browser]"
This will launch a window that tells the name and version of the browser you are currently using
Check for the browser name and version numbe

doket
02-13-2011, 01:01 PM
i am using opera 11.01... sometimes also using internet explorer 8...

cybersam
02-13-2011, 02:01 PM
uhm... sorry for this rant... but...
what the heck is going on here ?!...
first i see that thread in the off-topic area about the age of the people...
now this... sorry to say it this way but... stupid thread...
and i'm pretty sad to see this kind of topic posted by an admin

if an admin of a forum is desperate to know what browser are used on his forum then he could always check the stats in the admin area of the forum...

sorry but i don't like these kind of things...

you should create a rule that forbids such topics
stop asking people for private information and information about their computers

people these days need to learn how to protect their private life from the internet not to open it up...

Sephiroth
02-13-2011, 02:31 PM

if an admin of a forum is desperate to know what browser are used on his forum then he could always check the stats in the admin area of the forum...

stop asking people for private information and information about their computers

people these days need to learn how to protect their private life from the internet not to open it up...

There is nothing wrong about this topic.
Dont worry about your privacy, admins,mods,member etc. will not be able to see which browser you have voted.

I just want to know how many 360haven members are using internet explorer or firefox.
You dont have to post which browser(s) you are using!

Ryudo
02-13-2011, 04:08 PM
FireFox 4.0b10.

cybersam
02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
well i meant this whole questioning thing in general...
and i'm not sure about that admins cant see who voted for what

anyway...
i dont know how vb handles this but in the admincp there you should be able to see how many people connect with how what browser...
if its not there then it should in the log statistics of your provider

jkipp82
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Firefox with ABP baby.

Sephiroth
02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
well i meant this whole questioning thing in general...
and i'm not sure about that admins cant see who voted for what

anyway...
i dont know how vb handles this but in the admincp there you should be able to see how many people connect with how what browser...
if its not there then it should in the log statistics of your provider

I forgot about the admincp lol, yes we can see the votes in admincp.
well,if you dont trust us then dont vote bro :)

BrayWyatt
02-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Firefox 4 Beta

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/beta/

Emerald Lance
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I only use Firefox, and right now I'm at Firefox 3.6.13, though after seeing how many people are using Firefox 4b, I'm thinking about upgrading.

I don't think posting your basic browser information is dangerous/risky. Your preference is all you, nobody really cares for any practical purpose, just curiosity. It isn't like if you were gonna go somewhere like, say, gaiaonline and ask what console everybody play; the console wars would be revived so fast that as soon as the first page the thread would change from which console people use to why one is better than the other, often coupled with obscenities. We're all grown-ups here, you don't have to worry about something like that, or anything that actually matters in regards to your privacy.

If it really strikes a chord with you, don't post your information, and let those who want to do. Nobody comes to harm that way. Let bygones be bygones.

EDIT: Hey Seph. You gave us a needless tutorial on how to check our browser info lol. Did you forget that your sig already does that for us? ^-^

Sephiroth
02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
EDIT: Hey Seph. You gave us a needless tutorial on how to check our browser info lol. Did you forget that your sig already does that for us? ^-^

yea, i know :-l lol

Raoh
02-14-2011, 02:21 AM

Sorry for this rant, but I don't like people that needlessly bitch about things. If you don't like it, move along and ignore the topic.

Asking someones age is not against the law, neither is asking what Browser they use. Case in point, as Admins, they can just require you add a birthday to join the website. Whether people lie or not is besides my point, though.

Also, they can tell what Browser people use easily, as has already been pointed out.

So whats the big deal about posting a topic asking such things? Perhaps its to see how many people are honest? Or maybe its not get people who needlessly bitch about things to come out of hiding so they can see who those people are. Case in point.

I am using Firefox 3.6.13. Its stable. I am anxiously awaiting Firefox 4, however.

I've thought about using Chrome, since I've used it a friends house, but I don't want my entire life to be run by Google (considering I use gmail and my phone is an Android), so I am sticking with Firefox, because I also have used it for many years now.

CloudStrife7x
02-14-2011, 07:05 AM
i am using safari 533.19.4 right now but i use chrome and internet explorer 8 aswell, just kind of depends which one i feel is running better for me

Insane JIC
02-14-2011, 07:51 AM
I only use Firefox, and right now I'm at Firefox 3.6.13, though after seeing how many people are using Firefox 4b, I'm thinking about upgrading.

I don't think posting your basic browser information is dangerous/risky. Your preference is all you, nobody really cares for any practical purpose, just curiosity. It isn't like if you were gonna go somewhere like, say, gaiaonline and ask what console everybody play; the console wars would be revived so fast that as soon as the first page the thread would change from which console people use to why one is better than the other, often coupled with obscenities. We're all grown-ups here, you don't have to worry about something like that, or anything that actually matters in regards to your privacy.

If it really strikes a chord with you, don't post your information, and let those who want to do. Nobody comes to harm that way. Let bygones be bygones.

OMG you HAX me Seph! how did that happened

Sephiroth
02-14-2011, 10:38 AM
OMG you HAX me Seph! how did that happened
lol.

I have set firefox 3.6.13 as my primary browser( default browser) http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/NewfunnyIcons/grimace%202.png

Paprika
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM

Tell that to all the facebook, twitter, myspace etc users:P.

and I use Chrome 9.0.597.98 (thank you sep for your spyber:P ), Now i'm scared my entire life is going to be figured out by telling everyone that:P

Hehe should start a topic asking for everyones IP address, now that would be fun :P

Sephiroth
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Tell that to all the facebook, twitter, myspace etc users:P.

and I use Chrome 9.0.597.98 (thank you sep for your spyber:P ), Now i'm scared my entire life is going to be figured out by telling everyone that:P

Hehe should start a topic asking for everyones IP address, now that would be fun :P

http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/NewfunnyIcons/Hehe.pnghehe, funny guy.

Off-topic,
www.spyber.com/signature.html (http://www.spyber.com/signature.html)