PDA

View Full Version : Little spring piece fell onto motherboard help

game0606
02-13-2011, 09:10 PM
so yeah spring piece fell onto my motherboard and now my screen color is different kinda like greenish anyway do i need a new motherboard if not what will fix my problem thanks
i know this is a 360 site and there isn't a pc section but im sure people here have pc knowledge

pureIso
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Do you have a Graphics card or an On-board GPU?

game0606
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Do you have a Graphics card or an On-board GPU?
on board gpu

pureIso
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM
In that case if you can get your hands on a graphics card that could solve your issue. A little string shouldn't damage your motherboard only if you scratch it.
have you try changing your monitor or monitor cables? If you haven't try testing your computers with another monitor and cables.

game0606
02-15-2011, 06:17 AM
yeah i tried hooking my monitor to my other computer it didn't cut on idk but no worries i already brought me a new motherboard and processor should all be here Thursday my motherboard was old sometime back in 02 so yeah time to upgrade i was just waiting for this computer to start failing thanks for your help tho

pureIso
02-15-2011, 01:56 PM
yeah i tried hooking my monitor to my other computer it didn't cut on idk but no worries i already brought me a new motherboard and processor should all be here Thursday my motherboard was old sometime back in 02 so yeah time to upgrade i was just waiting for this computer to start failing thanks for your help tho

I figured it was old because most motherboard these days don't have an on-board gpu.

Emerald Lance
02-21-2011, 11:13 PM
You could just vacuum the spring piece out. I don't think it would hurt anything. The spring piece may be very slightly magnetized if it was connected to an electronic device, so the most important thing is finding some way to get it out.