PDA

View Full Version : (Tutorial) How to mod Dungeon Defenders for the Xbox

Santa
03-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Before I start I would like to say this tutorial is 100% made by me .

1 . First off you are going to need to download the modding pack I am providing you , which you will also need WinRAR to open this file .
You can download WinRAR from the following link : http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html?tag=contentBody;popYou can download my modding files from the following link : http://www.mediafire.com/?vct24ccb8fotopj

2 . Next you are going to need to make a folder called "Dungeon Defenders" on your computers main drive , not your desktop like this .
You can also drag the folder I am providing you into your main "C:" drive but be sure to make the name as easy as possible for command prompt .This will make it so your save game can be decompressed through dd.exe on your "C:" drive .

3 . After that you will need to have a already extracted Dungeon Defenders save from Modio or Horizon , I use Modio because is it easier .
You are going to need to extract everything from Dungeon Defenders to

How to extract a save game : First open Modio , then press "open a file" then "from device" , then select your profile you have on your USB .
It will then show you your save games , "DunDefSave" , and "DunDefBak" , select DunDefSave and then file contents , you will see "DunDefHeroes.dun" right click it and press "extract" then choose the location , it will have to be in your C: drive file named Dungeon Defenders or whatever you chose . Do the same exact thing for "DunDefBak" which is your backup save for Dungeon Defenders .

4 . After extracting both file contents DunDefHeroes.dun and DunDefHeroes.bak you are going to want to access command prompt which you can find really easy on your computer , it comes on every one . If you are having trouble finding it try searching it through your computer . Once you have command prompt open you will want to type "cd c:\Dungeon Defenders" or whatever you named the folder in your C: drive . Then you will type "dd.exe -d decompressed DunDefHeroes.dun" and is shall show you the dd.exe logo and say "file decompressed" . It should automatically be decompressed into your "Dungeon Defenders" computer file , it will be listed as "decompressed" .
*NOTE* Keep command prompt open , you will need it in step 28 once you are done .

5 . After that you are going to want to open the "Hex Workshop v6" folder , the program you will use is called "HWorks32" with a blue Hex Works logo . Open up HWorks32 and then select "file" in the upper left hand corner , then "open" , then choose the "decompressed" file made from "DunDefHeroes.dun"

6 . Once you have the file opened you can freely mod whatever you want , to an extent .
If you would like to mod something copy everything above the item name but starting three hex values before "01 02 03"
The easiest way to mod it is to highlight that , then click "file" "new" and it will open a new file for you .
Paste the hex value or item into the file and press "CTRL + SHIFT + B" which will open up a file locator , find the file named DDMods.hbk
which is a bookmark and if selected it will highlight everything in the item telling you what it is making everything easier for you .

7 . Now comes the modding , the first four bytes "two numbers/letters together" are resistances , only change these if you are modding armor . Changing the value to "FF" will simply max it out to 128 .

8 . Next will be the "Hero Stats" simply setting them to FF will max them out again .

9 . After that comes "Hero Abilities" set these to FF also to max them out .

10 . After that comes "Tower Stats" which there are four of , set these to FF to max them out .

11 . After that the next four are "Physical Damage" set them to whatever you want depending on if you want the damage insane .

12 . After that is additional projectiles , set this to 85 to max it out .

13 . Next is "Projectile Speed" which can be a little bit crazy for the Huntress but I like "00 00 FE FE"

14 . Next is elemental damage type , I use electric because it looks the coolest .

01 = Poison
02 = Fire
03 = Electric

15 . The next is "Elemental Damage" which can have the same hex value as physical damage , I would set it to the same as physical .

16 . The next four are item size which I will list the sizes and values below , you can also have your weapon backwards depending on the size .

Forward
3C 23 D7 0A = .1 (Smallest)
3F 80 00 00 = 1 (Normal)
40 80 00 00 = 1.50 (Larger but not too large)
4F 00 00 00 = 2147483647 (Biggest)

Backwards
BC 23 D7 0A = .1 (Smallest)
BF 20 00 00 = .625 (Normal monk weapon)
BF 80 00 00 = 1 (Normal squire weapon)
CF 00 00 00 = 2147483647 (Biggest)

17 . Skip the next four hex bytes and you will be at current upgrades , this can be changed to "01" only if you would like to completely
reset the items current upgrade which I do not recommend doing .

18 . Skip four more bytes and you will be at "Weapon Ranged" this can be set to "FE" for only the huntress , and apprentice .
This can also work for monks because of their ranged attack .

19 . The four bytes after that are "Ranged Damage" this should be set to the same as physical damage and elemental damage ONLY if you are a huntress , apprentice , or monk , this also works for modding pets .

20 . The next four bytes are clip size which should be set to "00 FF FD FE" for a large clip on a gun or bow .

21 . Next is reload speed , set this to "FE" to max it out only for a gun or bow .

22 . Knock back bonus can be set to "FE" no matter what hero class you are for the maximum knock back .

23 . Charge speed can be set to "FE" to max it our only for apprentice weapons .

24 . Shots per second can be set to "FE for max out only for huntress weapons and pets .

25 . Primary name , secondary name , item quality , and item color can be left alone which they should if
you do not know what you are doing . They can easily ruin a item if you mod them incorrectly .

Secondary Name (Adds value)
00 = Enchanted
01 = Blessed
02 = Lucky
03 = None
04 = Unlucky

Item Quality (Level required)
00 = Godly (Recommended)
01 = Legendary
02 = Epic
03 = Amazing
04 = Powerful
05 = Shining
06 = Polished
07 = Sturdy
08 = Solid
09 = Stocky
0A = Worn
0B = Torn
0C = Cursed

Item Color
Brightest = 3F 80 00 00
Darkest = 3D CC CC CD
Bright Glow = 48 A0 00 00
Bright , Little Glow = 40 A0 00 00
Black = 3D 00 00 00 or 00 00 00 00
Pitch Black = FF 80 00 00

26 . After that is Max Upgrade level , set this to the number "64" which is equivalent to 100 in computer language .
After you have everything done for that item copy and paste it back over to the main decompressed file where you first started .
If you would like to mod another item repeat steps 6 through 26 .

27 . Once you are completely done press "file" then "save" and it will ask you if you would like to make a backup
of the decompressed file , click yes .

28 . Now you are going to want to make a rebuilt "DunDefHeroes.dun" file so open up command prompt again .
Next type in "dd.exe -c decompressed DunDefHeroes.dun" and it will scan the decompressed file and make it into the .dun file again .
Now you can exit out of everything once you have your DunDefHeroes.dun rebuilt and the decompressed file .

29 . Open back up Modio and open your main save , click file contents and this time press replace file .
Replace "DunDefHeroes.dun" with "DunDefHeroes.dun rebuilt" once you have press rehash & resign then "save to device" and click on your profile it will now be saved back onto your device . After that open "DunDefHeroes.bak" and replace it with decompressed file , rehash and
resign the save to your device , click your profile and it will be saved onto the device .

30 . You are now ready to insert your USB back into your Xbox and play your modded Dungeon Defenders game , enjoy !

Please feel free to thank the topic if it helped you .

XajNyne
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Wow big ass tute lol! I'm not into this game but this surely will be useful to people who are. Thanks.

CloudStrife7x
03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
very nice tutorial shared man :)

Santa
03-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I am so glad you guys appreciate it , this took me three hours .
Enjoy !

Santa
03-24-2012, 06:24 AM
If anyone would like any help at all with their modding feel free to add me and message me .
I will be glad to work something out with you .

Santa
03-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Wow big ass tute lol! I'm not into this game but this surely will be useful to people who are. Thanks.

Yes it is big , but the bigger the tutorial and the more detailed it is the more people will like it .
Right ? (:

Santa
04-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Just came out with a new tutorial , I hope you guys enjoy !

Snapback
04-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank you very much Santa, you have helped me out a lot! <3

SSSTONERRR
04-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Before I start I would like to say this tutorial is 100% made by me .

Give correct credit for peoples tutorials you have taken parts from...
-Example-
Colors chart from me (SSSTONERRR)
Weapon charts/item grades/elemental hex/backward and forward hex from Idlehands88

Don't be like those leechers taking parts of everyone else's work and say there ALL yours... You wrote it and worded it, but as far as I can see it was all was already here on 360Haven, you just patched it together like a few other people.

You have a nice tutorial, don't get me wrong, but you SHOULD give correct credit.

---hate me if you want for calling you out, but people that know me, know I tend to be blunt and to the point---

-by the way-

Brightest = 3F 80 00 00
Darkest = 3D CC CC CD
Is in-game menu max Brightness and Darkness.

Santa
04-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Give correct credit for peoples tutorials you have taken parts from...
-Example-
Colors chart from me (SSSTONERRR)
Weapon charts/item grades/elemental hex/backward and forward hex from Idlehands88

Don't be like those leechers taking parts of everyone else's work and say there ALL yours... You wrote it and worded it, but as far as I can see it was all was already here on 360Haven, you just patched it together like a few other people.

You have a nice tutorial, don't get me wrong, but you SHOULD give correct credit.

---hate me if you want for calling you out, but people that know me, know I tend to be blunt and to the point---

-by the way-

Brightest = 3F 80 00 00
Darkest = 3D CC CC CD
Is in-game menu max Brightness and Darkness.

Believe it or not but Idlehands88 is my friend , I have gotten permission from him to make this just for extra help .
You can talk to him if you want , but what are you asking of exactly ? To give credit ?

GlazierHot
04-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Excellent Tut! This is why I came here in the first place! Have you tried (or designed...for that matter) the Eternia Crystal modding tool?

Santa
04-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Excellent Tut! This is why I came here in the first place! Have you tried (or designed...for that matter) the Eternia Crystal modding tool?

Yes , I have as a matter of fact .
The ONLY thing I use that for is color modding because other than that it is buggy.. real buggy .

Santa
04-18-2012, 01:03 AM
I just updated this thread once again , thank you .

GlazierHot
07-25-2012, 04:37 PM
I know these are older posts...but don't forget to mention that 04 is double elemental damage and 06 is "gold" damage! I'm interested in what the numbers are for the "primary names"...are they leather, chain, pristine, etc.?

Serious_M
08-02-2012, 08:09 AM
nice job on this tut Santa

gperez
01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
fist of all i wanted to say thanks for this thread.

Second may i get some help? Im having a lot of trouble getting the dundefheroes.dun file to decompress. See the img on what i keep getting. I would greatly appreciate any help thanks.