PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft: Xbox Edition release date and cost.

Judd
03-23-2012, 11:33 PM
http://majornelson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/image3.png

Minecraft: Xbox Edition will be released May 9th costing 1600 Microsoft point.

Straight from Major Nelson :D

XajNyne
03-23-2012, 11:35 PM
I've been wondering about this. now I know lol! Nice share..............btw do you think its worth 1600 points?

CloudStrife7x
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
very nice been wondering when this would come out lol, nice share Judd :)

Judd
03-23-2012, 11:46 PM
I've been wondering about this. now I know lol! Nice share..............btw do you think its worth 1600 points?Depends if you like Minecraft or not I suppose, remember it has online and is only a one time payment. So yeah I guess because you don't have to describe.

XajNyne
03-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Depends if you like Minecraft or not I suppose, remember it has online and is only a one time payment. So yeah I guess because you don't have to describe.

Yeah not sure if I do or don't. I haven't actually played it yet. I've seen demo's and video of it being played and reviewed on gaming shows but I thought someone might have played it and can tell me if it would be worth it. MS points are not to be wasted lol!

Judd
03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah not sure if I do or don't. I haven't actually played it yet. I've seen demo's and video of it being played and reviewed on gaming shows but I thought someone might have played it and can tell me if it would be worth it. MS points are not to be wasted lol!Play it on the Minecraft website for free? Thats just the free version but you will get the jist of it.
It wasn't to bad, you can do soe cool stuff.

XajNyne
03-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Play it on the Minecraft website for free? Thats just the free version but you will get the jist of it.
It wasn't to bad, you can do soe cool stuff.

Oh I didn't know there was a free version......doh! lol! I'll take a look. Thanks.

Judd
03-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Here you go: http://www.minecraft.net/play

It doesn't have all the features but you can build or whatever.

CloudStrife7x
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Here you go: http://www.minecraft.net/play

It doesn't have all the features but you can build or whatever.

will check it out also, not sure if i will get the one for 360 or not but this will help me decide

Judd
03-24-2012, 12:06 AM
will check it out also, not sure if i will get the one for 360 or not but this will help me decideIf you want to see the others features the free version lacks check YouTube there's heaps of Minecraft videos..

CloudStrife7x
03-24-2012, 12:08 AM
If you want to see the others features the free version lacks check YouTube there's heaps of Minecraft videos..

yup i see all the youtube videos lol

XajNyne
03-24-2012, 12:12 AM
If you want to see the others features the free version lacks check YouTube there's heaps of Minecraft videos..

Cool thanks. Will do

Santa
03-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I can't wait , it comes in about a month .

TechnoWolf
03-24-2012, 02:07 AM
i've played the pocket version of minecraft on my ipod touch and its awesome game

Caister
04-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I run a couple PC servers so I'm a little worried about losing some subscribers, but I'm excited for it as a player! lol

revsix6
04-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Minecraft is an awesome wonderful game. Played it a couple time at my friend's house, so much building and creativity.

Vincent Valentine
04-24-2012, 01:49 AM
if you have a JTAG/RGH you can play it now :lol:

xSaiintx
04-24-2012, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the share Judd, the xbox version looks to be on par with the PC version so this is gonna be a purchase for me. I might wait for the price to drop though since is a $20 xbox live game

Madmodder
08-04-2012, 02:43 AM
the bummer is its not the same patch release as pc.. a lot is missing.. plus no 500 + players like my pc server..

bigcol
08-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Got this for my son. Hes never off it. I cant see the attraction in it myself. How come he cant play globally? He can only play against friends. Would be so much better if he can play anyone from around the world

Emerald Lance
08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
the bummer is its not the same patch release as pc.. a lot is missing.. plus no 500 + players like my pc server..
True that. There is A LOT of content missing, and the dev team doesn't seem to interested in adding it, instead focusing more on trivial things like what sound a door makes. Still, I played the trial once, and now I'm hooked on it for good!

Got this for my son. Hes never off it. I cant see the attraction in it myself. How come he cant play globally? He can only play against friends. Would be so much better if he can play anyone from around the world
It would be cool, but it just can't work that way.

On the PC version, players play with each other on mostly private servers that they subscribe to. The server host has control over who is allowed to stay. So if a member of a server messes up your world, you (as host) can just boot them from your server.

The 360 version handles online somewhat differently. While you have the option to set it to "invite only" before booting up your world, you're not really running a server on your end like on the PC version. So nobody really "subscribes" to your game. It's also much easier for the 360's limited RAM to handle when there are less players in a single game. In other words, the 360 version doesn't have the capability to run on the same level as the PC version. It also is much easier to handle a large member list in a PC GUI than it is with the 360's OS, so the lack of said system keeps things simpler.

In short, the 360 version doesn't allow such large numbers of players in a single world for two reasons: primarily because it doesn't allow individual users to run dedicated servers, and also there is a RAM factor.

EDIT: Looking at your question again, I realize I didn't really answer it. So here's a little more. The PC version doesn't have random matchmaking either. It's not a versus game where you play against random players, it's a cooperative game where you and your friends build a world together. In the PC version, you still have to either subscribe to another person's server or run one yourself and invite your own friends. So the reason your son is restricted to his friends list is because that's as close as the 360 version can get to running a dedicated server as possible (without actually running dedicated servers). The game simply doesn't have any coding for matchmaking, as it wasn't made with matchmaking in mind.

Righteous
01-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Minecraft is 1 of the most addictive games of all time! LOL.. Very enjoyable..

bigcol
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Love minecraft. My son got me onto it. What I did was to have five minutes on it. That five minutes turned into five hours. Ive now got it on my laptop as well as my xbox. Love it

Sent From Tapatalk 2