PDA

View Full Version : super pc?

WELLS51
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5139/captureqb.png (http://img703.imageshack.us/i/captureqb.png/)

Lol should I buy im thinking about getting a couple of pc games.

pureIso
02-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Do you really need a pc with that spec? My pc is like 1 -2 years old and I can still play every single pc game on max settings.

Paprika
02-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Do you really need a pc with that spec? My pc is like 1 -2 years old and I can still play every single pc game on max settings.

It will be future proof for the most part though it would also cost more as to waiting (plus newer tech will be available at cheaper prices). But did I read that write, 4 x 4gig (16 gigs) ram sticks? thats really is a bit overkill since the Optimal is still 2 gigs for 95% of games. Shit 8 gigs is recommended for game making programs such as UDK.

Overall: Overkill for gaming though it will be future proof for a bit over 10 years (Depending on how much tech changes)

/wishes I could spend $6000 on a pc

pureIso
02-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes future proof but in the future there will be better parts.

WELLS51
02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
lol im not actually getting it I was just seeing how expensive I could get it.

pureIso
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
lol im not actually getting it I was just seeing how expensive I could get it.

Oh hahahaha.

No 3 way SLI :O

WELLS51
02-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Oh hahahaha.

No 3 way SLI :O

yeah the website was out of stock of the EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 which is the most expensive. I also wanted graphics cards to be water cooled not just the cpu.

TranceWulf
02-17-2011, 03:47 AM
I could build a PC that outperforms that for a few hundred dollars less. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's the best.

Emerald Lance
02-17-2011, 04:26 AM
If you're really that worried about being able to play games on your PC, just get an Alienware computer and forget about the whole mess. Super expensive, but super high stats. You'll be gaming with it for a very long time. Of course, I have a an old computer (2004, I think) that still runs XP and has less than optimal stats (even for a computer of that day) and I can still play most games. I think the bane of my gaming was when I tried to play Oblivion; that was the first game that refused to play, not because of my specs, but simply because I wasn't using a specific brand GPU.

Now, I don't expect you to go out and buy a crappy computer like mine, but I would say that you shouldn't need to worry so much about it at the moment. You really can't go wrong unless you purposely get a very old machine for the price like I did ($280 for PC).