PDA

View Full Version : why do we mod??

kyeme
04-01-2012, 03:01 PM
hi i want to know the reason we all mod is it for fun or for taking the easy way out? tell me what you think.

FreeKillPsycho1337
04-01-2012, 03:05 PM
For me I do it for fun like after a beat something hard I just want to revisit except kill the crap out of everything and that's when the mod are activated. But I will never ruin anyone else's fun especially in PvP based games, such a Dark Souls if they invade.

CloudStrife7x
04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
i love modding a game after i beat it, gives it a lot of replay value and makes it fun, sometimes i mod money before i beat a game, cause i hate grinding for it lol, just depends on the game, and sometimes i mod exp if i want to reach the max level at the end of the game lol, to me i dont see it as an easy way out, just a way to be creative :)

FreeKillPsycho1337
04-01-2012, 03:08 PM
i love modding a game after i beat it, gives it a lot of replay value and makes it fun, sometimes i mod money before i beat a game, cause i hate grinding for it lol, just depends on the game, and sometimes i mod exp if i want to reach the max level at the end of the game lol, to me i dont see it as an easy way out, just a way to be creative :) Yeah I some time mod my money too just to give me a good boost in the beginning.

Renegade
04-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Some people find it too difficult to play games so depend on others to make modified saves and editors for them to use. I like to play games, and then modify them when i have beaten them to add more fun to the game. Especially if it's altering models and such of the game.

Noctis Caelum
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM
its for fun on my part,i can beat games rather easy so after one legit run through then its time to mod

Serious_M
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Modding games makes it even more fun to play it again and again over again

Abd-L-Azeez
04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
first i do it for fun , it feels great doing something in the game your not supposed to do or reaching a level before you should , but i don't do it if i didn't finished the game first . except for japan's horror games like silent hill 4 and fetal frame ( they creep the hell at of me )
and i don't have time to replay a game like i should so i mod the game to replay it quickly

thegutta
04-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Some people just don't have the time to play a whole game through thats when mods comes in it makes faster n easier and fun lol

Paprika
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
its for fun on my part,i can beat games rather easy so after one legit run through then its time to mod

Ditto this, First playthrough always normal (vanilla) after its all for fun ( i also like nerfing myself to see how well I can do, fuck me its gets insane)

Bongmantv
04-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I like modding multiplayer best, I like having better things than everyone else. EG KUF:circle of doom, two worlds.

XajNyne
04-02-2012, 12:32 PM
hi i want to know the reason we all mod is it for fun or for taking the easy way out? tell me what you think.

Because we can.......

I like modding multiplayer best, I like having better things than everyone else. EG KUF:circle of doom, two worlds.

Online modding is unfair to other players who like to have fair and challenging gaming experience.

cybersam
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
i have to agree with RpGGuy on this...
if you want to mod things do it in offline mode of the game... if you want to play online play the game as it should be played... that way its more fun for everyone....

as to my reason of modding...
well at first it was just for fun and to make a second run easier and faster...
then i started to have more fun with modding then actually playing the game... the latest games i made editors for i haven't even played very far ^_^''''
dragon age is most extreme example for me...
i played both DA:O and DA2 only for a maximum of 30mins to 1hour (DA:O i played for a bit longer about 4hours i think)...
uh well not true... the single most extreme example is Dungeon Defenders... only played like 10mins of the game ^_^'''
i have more fun modding most games than playing them...

Bongmantv
04-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Because we can.......

Online modding is unfair to other players who like to have fair and challenging gaming experience.

I'm not on about PvP the games I listed are coop :s

XajNyne
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm not on about PvP the games I listed are coop :s

That's all good and well but what I said goes for any type of game where you play against REAL people...........unless the other players agree then it's all good.

Bongmantv
04-02-2012, 01:05 PM
That's all good and well but what I said goes for any type of game where you play against REAL people...........unless the other players agree then it's all good. I completely agree, it's not fair ruining someone elses online experience. But as I said just coop games, not against anyone. Unless you count borderlands duel, then I confess I had INF shield.