PDA

View Full Version : Sony: Tell Us What You Want on PS3 Jack Buser is listening to you.

BrayWyatt
04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
www.ign.com

Right after the official announcement concerning Amazon Instant Video coming to PS3, IGN had the chance to speak one-on-one with Sony's Senior Director of PlayStation Digital Platforms, Jack Buser. In our conversation, Mr. Buser spoke a great deal about the new initiative Amazon and Sony have launched on PlayStation 3, but also said it's up the PlayStation audience to continue to tell Sony what they want next.

"For us, [Amazon Instant Video] is really exciting because it expands the number of entertainment options that the PlayStation customer has at their fingertips through the PS3," Buser said.

But Sony's digital push doesn't stop with Amazon. "One of the things [Sony is] trying to do with PlayStation is we're always trying to put the PlayStation customer first. We have a constant dialog going with that customer to really understand how they want to enjoy media, TV shows, movies and videogames on PlayStation 3. And we really try to partner with those services that offer the kind of options that the PlayStation audience is looking for."

Jack Buser, Senior Director of PlayStation Digital Platforms

When pressed specifically about HBO Go and Xfinity coming to PlayStation 3, Mr. Buser was evasive. "I can't announce anything specific about this time," he admitted, "but it's a safe bet that if we hear enough of our audience saying that they want a particular service or a particular content type on our platform, those are the types of services that we're gonna go after and we're gonna try to partner with."

"I can say that because of the large PlayStation audience that goes through your network on IGN, tell us, let us know. And the more that we hear through both our qualitative and quantitative discussions with our customers that they want a particular experience, those are the things we're gonna target."

"That's something that's very unique about how we approach these types of services on the PlayStation 3. It's not necessarily how the other guys approach this stuff."

Do you hear that, PlayStation gamers? Jack Buser is listening.

CloudStrife7x
04-04-2012, 12:49 AM
some interesting news, nice share Sterling :)

fullmetal172
04-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Interesting

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk