PDA

View Full Version : halo reach server problem

lickerout
02-21-2011, 12:47 AM
i'm having problems connecting to the halo reach servers, it just keeps saying halo reach server is not available at this time please try again later, and it's been like that for the last 2-3 days anyone have any idea whats going on? as far as i know i haven't been banned (no messages to say i have been) just no xbox live matchmaking and challenges (so i can't earn any credits from the challenges just from game complete after level and no kill credits either) as far as i can tell (anyone know if it's like black ops where they temp ban you till they can check the account or something).

i also can't connect to the ea server for nfs shift same sort of thing.

Game Wizard
02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
i can connect i think u may have been banned :( sorry dude if thats the case

lickerout
02-21-2011, 01:02 AM
if i have been banned i don't know what for because i only played a couple of games online and was mostly playing campaign mode in single player i'm not even a sargent yet (i had only just compleated the game on easy a few day's after i got it).

Emerald Lance
02-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Other than normal gameplay, have you attempted to mod your game/save in any way? Bungie is REALLY good at finding that out, and they ban unmercifully.

lickerout
02-21-2011, 11:40 PM
no i'd only had it a day or two and about 8 1/2 hours gameplay i'd only compleated it on easy to start with to get used to the levels and had a couple of games online to see what the community was like (from the one's i joined it wasn't very good), and i already knew it was unmoddable for credits and stuff because all the challenges and stuff like that are all held on bungie's system.

Emerald Lance
02-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Hmmm... Indeed, that is a conundrum. You may try to contact Bungie customer service, and see what the dileo is. It may very well be a glitch in their system that they may or may not be aware of, so they may not even know that anybody is having problems.

lickerout
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
just recieved an email from bungie saying

"There are two types of bans. If you are banned from all Xbox live games you need to contact Xbox live at 800-4my-xbox or http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/contact/. If you are banned from Halo 3 or Reach matchmaking only please continue reading.

Bans from matchmaking cannot be appealed. Currently, bans are being handed out for a few things. Some of you know exactly why you should be banned. If not, www.bungie.net/ban or www.bungie.net/probation have the information you need. The bottom line is bans are doled out for hurting other players' experience. Most bans are temporary. Sit tight, stop doing what you were doing and you’ll be back in no time. For more information about bans, see www.bungie.net/ban or www.bungie.net/probation"

which gave me no answer what so ever, as to if i have been banned or not nor how to actually sort it out.
but it was an autoreply so maybe i'll get an answer from them later.

Twis7eD
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
You won't get a reply from them. But the good news is that it isn't a ban. If you are banned, it will give you a message telling you that you are banned and what you are banned from and how long the ban is for. Trust me, I've been banned tons of times on Halo 2 and Halo 3 and I don't think they would change the way they inform people about bans in Reach. The server issues have happened to me multiple times on Halo 3, never on Reach, though. Most of the time signing out and constantly trying to go into Matchmaking worked. You can also try loading up maps and then trying to go into Matchmaking. It's an odd issue that you get sometimes.

Emerald Lance
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah, same here. In Halo3 there were a few time when I had the same problem. It isn't unheard of that the same problem might also be on Reach's servers as well. If it is the same case as ours, it'll go away after a little while. It could be an hour, it could be a week, but it's never permanent. That's assuming it is the same case.

You could also call Bungie customer service and do what you can to get a human rep. That would be the best bet I think.

lickerout
02-28-2011, 01:44 PM
i've just been thinking but is it possible that because i downloaded a hell of a lot off xbox live (gotta be close to about 90 gig of games and add-ons that i downloaded from live (8 xbox 360 games + all possible add-ons for them, 9 arcade games + all possible add-ons for them and an xbox original gta:sa all in the last month), i have a 250 gig hdd and i'm down to about 100 after the downloaded and installed games and add-ons) that i have reached the limit of data for the month for my isp and the reach server has picked up on the fact that my speed has been reduced and temporarily cut my connection to their server (along with halo waypoint)?

edit: just tried waypoint and can connect to that now just tried reach and i can now connect to their server so looks like it wasn't a ban but because of my reduced internet speed.

Emerald Lance
03-02-2011, 10:50 PM
That's good. I guess it was tied to your data limit after all.

lickerout
03-07-2011, 05:51 AM
That's good. I guess it was tied to your data limit after all.

looks like it wasn't a data limit after all (i could still connect and download stuff from xbox live marketplace for one thing, that's what was confusing me).
i figured it out about a week ago my old router had reassigned my ip address for my 360 to another computer on my network and i forgot to check that possibility, so the port forwarding wasn't working (stupid dynamic address system) for some reason it did that with my old router and wouldn't keep a static ip just my 360 (it would allow static for my laptop and pc's but not my 360), i have bought a new wireless router and set up the port forwarding on that and it seems to be staying on the same ip now and it connect's perfectly to every game server i go on now.