PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Console Games May Ditch $60 Price Tag

BrayWyatt
04-20-2012, 03:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASOwYhMfu0

CloudStrife7x
04-20-2012, 03:36 AM
knowing microsoft and sony they will increase the price to $70 dollars for next gen console games, bastards all they want is money and more money

XajNyne
04-20-2012, 03:59 AM
Although I can see his point and all, people over seas (not Australia) have it easy compared to us so be happy ffs! I only wish games were 60 dollars here in Australia on release. Don't bitch about only paying 60 dollars when it's way more expensive in other countries. Get a job....or if you have one, get a better paying one and then you might be able to afford games without complaining lol! 60 dollars.......pfft! I'm just glad EB games here has 2 for 1 sales often. Makes the expense seem worth it then.

Thanks for sharing by the way.

BrayWyatt
04-20-2012, 04:00 AM
i remember when the ps3 games were rumored to be priced at $80. they really need to drop the price to $49.99 on the current console.

XajNyne
04-20-2012, 04:02 AM
i remember when the ps3 games were rumored to be priced at $80. they really need to drop the price to $49.99 on the current console.

Yeah I think the longer the console has been out, the cheaper the games should be.........but that's just me lol!

BrayWyatt
04-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Yeah I think the longer the console has been out, the cheaper the games should be.........but that's just me lol!

i agree. i still want to get super mario galaxy 2. but, the price is still at $49.99 everywhere.

Johnthandle
04-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Not sure I will buy a new PS console or games. I'm still feeling a little burned by them and the game developers. I had such high hopes for the Cell Processor. I think that they haven't even pushed it to its limit yet. Christ! they still have the worst web browsing experience ever. COD is getting worse by the day. They just don't seem to want to put the time or effort in to it for the people who pay the 60-100 per game. Take take take take! Welcome to the fine world of capitalism. Love Democracy starting to get a little pissy with capitalism. I digress. This ain't about politics, maybe? I think that at the end of the day it's like anything else, people will pay whatever it is to get there fix. Is it right? don't know. Just look at gas prices. Now there are some criminals!

On a side note I would pay some for a super perfect conversion of FF7. Don't mess with the mechanics just bring the graphics into modern age. (Beer is Awesome! Makes me smarter)

voidmage09
04-20-2012, 05:40 AM
it would be nice if there go about 40 to 45 but knowing them they dont care what we think they know we going by it any ways ever price is 60 an up or even paying 150 for like ce

thegutta
04-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Get the super mario galaxy 2 archer n stop been cheap :-D

ripghoti
04-24-2012, 01:39 AM
The thing that tripped me up what when he said "...great big games with a ton of fucking awesomeness..." I don't see that as much as I would like to. It may be that I'm older and games are easier for me now, I have no idea really, but a lot of games just don't have the length to them anymore. Games like The Legend of Zelda and Metroid took me weeks on end to beat. Final Fantasy took months. Even Final Fantasy 7 took months, and that wasn't even beating everything (Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, getting Knights of the Round).
Final Fantasy 13... took about a week to get through it. Mass Effect 3, took about a week. The Witcher 2 had this great big map and you only go to 4 spots on it. Kingdoms of Amalur The Reckoning took about a week (plus the DLC, each done in a few days).

I don't try to speed through games really, but it seems to me that we are paying more and more for less. Sure the games look beautiful and the mechanics are amazing... but how will this turn out? In 10 years will we be paying 60 bucks for a game that looks lifelike but only lasts a few days, and then another 10 bucks for DLC that lasts a few hours?

I would love to see a PS3 game that is 2 discs and will last for a good few months on its own, then add dlc and/or online playing (Skyrim would be a good example, speaking of... DLC for it?).

Tl;DR: If you want us to pay more money for a game, make it worth our money. Don't just make it better looking, give us more to do. A reason to keep playing it.

Also, I really don't see the prices dropping anytime soon unless there is a MASSIVE drop in buying games (Talking about a 20+% drop in game sales globally).

xSaiintx
04-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Well I sure hope this happens...the price of games is so high these days, I mean I have Max Payne 3 CE pre-ordered and that alone is $100. Sure they come with some bonus stuff and a statue or dvd or soundtrack but $100. I'm still
going to pick it up only because I really, really like Max Payne but yeah, Software companies please see this vid and drop the price on the next gen games and give our wallets a much needed break.