PDA

View Full Version : xgd3 burning settings for hitachi 79/78

Saintanger
04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi guys,as we all know the hitachi 79/78 lt 3.0 f/w is not released yet,thus making it difficult for hitachi 79/78 owners to play xgd3 back up games.
The silent dae.bin update has caused a headache for a lot of people,me included.
C4eva has stated that the hitachi 79/78 lt+2.0b is compatable for xgd3 back up games only if they are not truncated,meaning you need a lite on ihas burner of the B models flashed with burnermax, check c4evas website for compatible burners.
I have made many coasters trying to burn xgd3 backups,i actually decided to stay away from xgd3 games for a while, but eventually i found suitable settings that have now allowed me to play xgd3 back ups successfully.
I must mention,the dae.bin update has apparently made each console react in its it own unique way,and ive heard some hitachi 79/78 drives ignore ap2.5 checks.
The reason im stating this is because as these settings work for me i mean NO foul if they do not work for you,but if you have problems playing xgd3 backups . why not give this method a try, right?

Firstly its VERY important to use a ihas lite on burner compatible for burnermax as this burns xgd3 100%.

Also you need to download the eeprom utility (google it).

ok here are my settings,

Imageburn:
1)tick perform opc (if burning at 4x speed,if 2.4 do not tick,prototype 2)
2)Untick Enable burn proof
3)I/O PAGE 2: Buffer size=81
Main=20
Device=50
A.D.Q.L=1.0
4)Calculate optimal.

eeprom settings:
*ALWAYS CLEAR OPC BEFORE EVERY BURN,located in the options tab (VERY VERY VERY VERY important)

-THEN.
1) tick smart burn
2)tick force hyper tuning
3)tick over speed writing
....also in the options tab

SUCCESFUL XGD3 GAMES SO FAR (FOR ME)
-Batman arkham city
-saints row the third
-gears of war 3
-cod mw3
-forza 4,disk 1 and 2
-prototype 2
-Dark souls

So far using this method ive had a 100% success rate,im using hitachi 79 ,lt 2.0b firmware
lite on 324 b ihas burner flashed with burner max
Latest dashboard
latest imgeburn
VERBATIM discs 8.5g

I also have my burnermax firmware crossedflashed with a f/w that allows me to use ritek(or any other disc) dl discs, its called mediacodespeededit,google it, but we
all know verbs are the best.
As i said before i DID have many non working discs but using this method ive had nothing but success,if it doesnt work for you ,im sorry, i just thought ill post this incase it does help some people.

any questions i will answer, but dont hate as im trying to help .
cheers boys, good luck.