PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Nier - Save Editor

JizzaBeez
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Nier - Save Editor

Version: 2.0.0.0.

Created by JizzaBeez

How to Use:

1) Click 'File' then 'Open' to open you Nier Gamesave, GAME_DATA##.

2) Make changes then click 'File' then 'Save' to save and repair your file.

This app repairs the checksum, rehashes and resigns automatically, or you can do them manually...

If you edit your gamesave manually, then this app can repair the file so you don't have to use any other tools (checksum, rehash, resign).

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/JizzaBeez/Random%20Images/nierseplayerpage-1.png?t=1291583165

DOWNLOAD (http://www.360haven.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=39)

popmarvel
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
great editor

Reborn
06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks ! Nice work !

aeridus
06-21-2011, 07:12 PM
For some reason the save editor wiped out a bunch of things... key items and words got deleted when all I did was edit exp and max materials.

JizzaBeez
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
For some reason the save editor wiped out a bunch of things... key items and words got deleted when all I did was edit exp and max materials.

Well surely you made a backup of the file before editing it?
I don't know why it would have done that either.
I don't have the game, never played it, and I got the editing info from someone else to make the editor...

aeridus
06-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I did make a backup and the backup still works... I've included the original file in my previous post. It did correctly max out most materials and my exp, at least. I'm going to try with just editing exp and see what happens, but my fear is that the editor incorrectly changes some other values based on what it thinks is in the file. I noticed that the checked maps are definitely not the same as the ones I have (Shadowlord map obtained, for instance, when I haven't gotten it yet) and that the word tab only goes up to #17 and only one word is selected. Also, when I tried setting specific items to certain values the wrong items got changed. Is it possible that the offsets you got are for a different version than what I have? I'm playing the NA version of Nier.

Edit: I just manually edited the file with a hex editor to get the exp up for now. At least it seems like the repair file option doesn't apply any values set in the editor.

JizzaBeez
06-21-2011, 07:49 PM
I did make a backup and the backup still works... I've included the original file in my previous post. It did correctly max out most materials and my exp, at least. I'm going to try with just editing exp and see what happens, but my fear is that the editor incorrectly changes some other values based on what it thinks is in the file. I noticed that the checked maps are definitely not the same as the ones I have (Shadowlord map obtained, for instance, when I haven't gotten it yet) and that the word tab only goes up to #17 and only one word is selected. Also, when I tried setting specific items to certain values the wrong items got changed. Is it possible that the offsets you got are for a different version than what I have? I'm playing the NA version of Nier.

Edit: I just manually edited the file with a hex editor to get the exp up for now. At least it seems like the repair file option doesn't apply any values set in the editor.

I don't know which version the offsets were for, no one else has really mentioned anything wrong like this and the editor has been out since last year.
And I have never played it or had a way to research it myself so I don't know...
And no, using the "Repair Checksum" option does not edit any of the file, it only corrects the checksum.
You can edit the file manually and then just repair the checksum with the tool if you prefer.

aeridus
06-24-2011, 05:45 AM
I don't know which version the offsets were for, no one else has really mentioned anything wrong like this and the editor has been out since last year.
And I have never played it or had a way to research it myself so I don't know...
And no, using the "Repair Checksum" option does not edit any of the file, it only corrects the checksum.
You can edit the file manually and then just repair the checksum with the tool if you prefer.

I think I found out what's wrong, though since I ended up editing everything manually it's a non-issue. I'm pretty sure only the first slot (slot 0) can be successfully edited with this editor as the offsets appear to be somewhat different for the last two slots. I found this out using HexCmp on the different slots while looking at something else.

Edit: Nope, while it is closer at least, even the first slot yields incorrect values in the editor for a few things. Very odd, but oh well. Like I said, moot at this point.

claplsdonotflag
10-12-2011, 09:01 AM
thank you this editor will make me have to play it again it looks very well put together to cant wait to play it again now thanks

Grub-Xer0
02-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks, this looks very useful.

XajNyne
02-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Nice editor. Thanks for taking the time to make it and for sharing it with us.

orgasux
03-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Great. Thanks.

domryder
03-28-2012, 12:44 AM
thanks for this editor its really great! :)

Noctis Caelum
03-28-2012, 12:56 AM
yea i used this when i had the game helps alot but the game itself is pretty cool too

Judd
03-28-2012, 01:37 AM
yea i used this when i had the game helps alot but the game itself is pretty cool tooI loved the game, one of the best RPG's on Xbox IMO.

CloudStrife7x
03-28-2012, 02:06 AM
I loved the game, one of the best RPG's on Xbox IMO.

i also liked the game :)

thegutta
03-30-2012, 12:00 PM
One of my favorites thanks for this awesome editor keep up the great work.

DomoPANDAS
04-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Whenever I use "All Weapons" the editor says I have all weapons at level 4, but when I load the save the "Phoenix Sword" and "Fool's Lament" are both missing. So I tried again using Unlock ALl instead, and only "Fool's Lament" was missing. Any idea on how to fix this?

negatoby
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Just got the game from gamefly yesterday and this was on the first page. legit

nickyjam
04-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks ! Nice work ! :117:

JizzaBeez
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Whenever I use "All Weapons" the editor says I have all weapons at level 4, but when I load the save the "Phoenix Sword" and "Fool's Lament" are both missing. So I tried again using Unlock ALl instead, and only "Fool's Lament" was missing. Any idea on how to fix this?

Sorry I have no idea. I never played the game, I just make teh tools.

Noctis Caelum
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Sorry I have no idea. I never played the game, I just make teh tools.
lmao thats what i usually do...make tools and never played the game...anyway thats one hell of a tool, hope one day i can even get remotely close to ur skill level...nice

cybersam
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
that's weird... when i researched this game and and tested the tool it did unlock everything it was supposed to...

JizzaBeez
04-19-2012, 06:55 PM
lmao thats what i usually do...make tools and never played the game...anyway thats one hell of a tool, hope one day i can even get remotely close to ur skill level...nice

One day my young Padawan, the gramming shall be strong.

girlside
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot :)))

wolfishracer
06-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Let me just say that this editor is awesome and it is easy to use. I've played and beaten this game multiple times and the editor made it so that doing all of that was easier and more fun for me at least, so thank you for making such an awesome editor

UWSCSS
07-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Sorry for the bump but I still play Nier and love this game with a passion. I just have a few issues with the editor.

First, when using the editor, if you're not at the point in the game where you have to collect the Shadowlord keys, there is no tab for it in your menu screen, but after using the editor, one appears for some reason with the keys in place (but the keys aren't in the inventory, just visually there) even though I never chose to unlock them.

Secondly, I'm at midway through the same where there's a big event leading to "some time passing by" in the story.. anyways when I go to edit some consumables and materials so I can easily upgrade some weapons and what not, my entire word list is reset for no reason and the main Village where your hero is from goes dark as if I don't have the map for it (but you have this by default from the beginning of the game).

Also, I don't quite understand the Word editor properly.. It says Word #1 through Word #17, do they unlock categories or series or words all at once or what? Cause when I open my save file Word #17 is checked by default and I have 25% of the words at this point in my game.

JPSdaddy
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM
gracias bueno

Serious_M
08-07-2012, 11:14 AM
nice job on this editor jizza

Billy Bob Bean
09-08-2012, 12:17 PM
I would not recommend this editor to anyone hoping to save time on a fetch quest by adding a few materials to their inventory. The editor reads a lot of your save values wrong and, unless you're maxing out/ticking every box you will lose things from your inventory, the full extent of the damage I'm unsure of. I just noticed a few things were gone, a few things I didn't ask for were added (key quest item from end game) and decided it was best to revert to my backup save.

Please, backup your saves and maybe try using editors before singing their praises.

UWSCSS
09-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah this happened to me too, every time you open your save in the editor it screws up all your key items and resets the maps you have. Also at one point it started to screw up my items to the point where even if I reset all the consumables to 0 and picked them up in game or bought them from a shop they would remain 0 for the entire game. Be wary.

Excelsior
12-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Any chance of seeing this fixed one day? It's very promising, but the random item disappear and mismatch of weapons makes it also very dangerous to use...

Twiztedjay
01-25-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks man

Noahhunt
11-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks for this. Going to try this forgotten gem

lunarclaw
11-30-2013, 03:46 AM
thanks for the program.

scorpionnet
11-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Excellent editor....Thanks a lot

dereaper
08-22-2014, 02:48 AM
thanks again for this amazing editor :)

tlclltvw1
08-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Thank you !

athletic1
04-06-2015, 01:22 AM
Thanks, very nice work!

eje
07-19-2015, 01:15 AM
thansk :) awsome SE

AjaySai
08-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Thank you so much.

athletic1
09-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Nice work, thanks!

bx don
09-01-2015, 03:06 PM
thanks for the editor

Duniman
06-23-2016, 08:27 AM
Yes! I was looking for this! Thanks man!

akabatman
03-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Will this work for the ps3 version aswell. If not is there a ps3 save editor for nier?

Ultimarok
04-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Will this work for the ps3 version aswell. If not is there a ps3 save editor for nier?

I don't think it works on the PS3 version. But there IS a Nier save editor on the PS3 Game Genie.

http://thegamegenie.com/ (Peep the cheat list)

To the mods: If that link is not allowed, simply remove it.