PDA

View Full Version : Licence Transfer

Game Wizard
07-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey everybody my elite is almost full with the 120 gb hard drive and i was wondering i have 3 other accounts that downloaded full games on the
console and was just asking and seeing if anybody knew how to get the dlc/games downloaded on the 3 other profiles and to make them work on the new console i will be getting. The catch is they work right now on my real profile ie i bought castle crashers on a different profile but can play the full game by just going on my main account then starting the game this works for all the game and dlc purchased this way.

My main question is if i were to get a new console and do a licence transfer would i have the same effect or would that be considered market place
theft.

i am talking about 30 +arcade games and 50 + dlc so please give me a honest and quick reply please and thank u.

Vincent Valentine
07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
It shouldn't be considered Marketplace theft if all 3 profiles are yours only. If something does happen and Microsoft decides to be a dick then simply tell them you needed more space and all of those profiles are yours. (Of course they would probably ask you the email/passwords ect to them for proof) but if your doing this for more space why not just buy another hard drive or at least a 32g usb flash drive?

Idlehands88
07-17-2012, 03:28 AM
It shouldn't be considered Marketplace theft if all 3 profiles are yours only. If something does happen and Microsoft decides to be a dick then simply tell them you needed more space and all of those profiles are yours. (Of course they would probably ask you the email/passwords ect to them for proof) but if your doing this for more space why not just buy another hard drive or at least a 32g usb flash drive?

Not true, I got banned because I transfered stuff to my new console and they banned me for Marketplace Theft (the account was mine). I tried to make a topic in the xbox.com forums and the topics just kept getting deleted. I also tried to call support and they said they couldn't do anything about it. They fail at costumer service...

CloudStrife7x
07-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Not true, I got banned because I transfered stuff to my new console and they banned me for Marketplace Theft (the account was mine). I tried to make a topic in the xbox.com forums and the topics just kept getting deleted. I also tried to call support and they said they couldn't do anything about it. They fail at costumer service...

ive transferred my profile and stuff, onto a new console twice, and they never banned me, but then again microsoft loves me lmao, but yeah i agree their customer service sucks

Vincent Valentine
07-17-2012, 03:41 AM
how much stuff did you license transfer haha cause I'v done it about 3 times now and I still haven't been banned.

Renegade
07-17-2012, 04:05 AM
I've license transferred quite a lot over the years to new and old consoles. Never had the issue of marketplace theft.

Idlehands88
07-17-2012, 04:18 AM
how much stuff did you license transfer haha cause I'v done it about 3 times now and I still haven't been banned.

I only transfered 1 Arcade game, Crimson Alliance... It was also during the time when that glitch was happening where people were getting banned for Marketplace Theft (I think it was 1-2 years ago)...

Game Wizard
07-17-2012, 04:48 AM
2 of the accounts are mine and i know most of the info bu the other one is a account my cousin gave me for Christmas had a ton of ms points on it dont know any of the info for that one lol
But do i just go to main xbox site and do licence transfer then all 3 accounts downloaded history and everything else will be registered under my main?

Also to demon i will need a new xbox eventually 4 year old elite lol and with the new consoles being pumped out with 320gb beats the shit out of my 120gb lol

Vincent Valentine
07-17-2012, 04:51 AM
2 of the accounts are mine and i know most of the info bu the other one is a account my cousin gave me for Christmas had a ton of ms points on it dont know any of the info for that one lol
But do i just go to main xbox site and do licence transfer then all 3 accounts downloaded history and everything else will be registered under my main?

Also to demon i will need a new xbox eventually 4 year old elite lol and with the new consoles being pumped out with 320gb beats the shit out of my 120gb lol
lol that's what i have now but i'm sure once you use the license transfer on one account and then log off and log into your other and try again i'm sure it will just say the license transfer is already used and it will give you a date on which you are able to use it again

drizzt
07-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Sucks you cant transfer stuff you bought from microsoft to a system you bought from microsoft without worrying about being labeled a thief.

TLOR FETT
07-17-2012, 02:55 PM

It is NOT marketplace theft, you sir had the rights to SUE microsoft plain and simple.