PDA

View Full Version : Basic Torchlight Editing

pureIso
03-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Put all items you want to mod in a shared stash box Exit the game why then auto saves.
Remove the torchlight.sav from your memory card unit.
Use any tool you like to extract sharedstash.bin from the save contents
Sharestash.bin contains all the items in the sharedstash box
Open sharedstash box with an hex editor

http://i56.tinypic.com/693rsx.png

When done editing, replace your current sharedstash with this modified version.
Load the game from Dash because the game stores all variables in memory
Check out you shared stash box

Gem Slot are for special weapons or Shield that can take multiple power ups (gem slots)
You can edit slots from 1 to unlimited and add as much Gems to them to make a super weapon.
================================================== ============
You can share your stash box with others:
Latest

499 Pass: 360haven

Here is my stash:
HP Potion - 99,999,999
Mana Potion - 99,999,999
Town Portal - 99,999,999
Identifier Scroll - 99,999,999
Sell them to get: 99,999,999 coin

Permanent +2 Defense - 99,999,999

Plus many more

================================================== ============

I will see what else I can do with this

pureIso
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Exploit 2

You need 2 Saves.

Load save 1 and deposit into the sharedstash box
Exit the game to title screen
Change save location and load save 2
Click continue

=============================#
Since the game save everything to memory
Your stash from the 1st save will still be in the sharedstash box
So you can keep doing this to duplicate items
=============================#

You are all free to try make a mod tool :)

keksi360
03-11-2011, 05:32 PM
thanks alot pureiso

you can find all nice values in the 0.sav but the savegame seems have a checksum.
everytime i change something the savegame went bad.
it would be nice to see someone figure out the checksum
i dont have a clue how to do this

CloudStrife7x
03-11-2011, 07:03 PM
nice tutorial pureiso awesome job

game0606
03-11-2011, 07:31 PM
hey pureiso can i take both the sharedstash saves or one if i need to choose one which is the best again thank you
Edit: never mind thank you and good work

unknowhuman
03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
oh man i hate this game .. i played like one hour and when i exit and comeback there is no continue

I don't know what the problem with save

thank you anyway

pureIso
03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
hey pureiso can i take both the sharedstash saves or one if i need to choose one which is the best again thank you
Edit: never mind thank you and good work

I just uploaded the best one yet including unlimited defense haha

You can also rehash and resign now :)

Play the game on the Hardest level :)

doket
03-12-2011, 05:24 AM
@pureiso, is that possible to edit exp and fame in the game?

game0606
03-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I just uploaded the best one yet including unlimited defense haha

You can also rehash and resign now :)

Play the game on the Hardest level :)
lol nice this should be fun

pureIso
03-12-2011, 11:12 AM
@pureiso, is that possible to edit exp and fame in the game?

The game has a checksum, which no one has managed to bypass. So the simple answer is no plus you won't need it. You can get the best weapon in the game and own everyone. :)

TLOR FETT
03-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I keep getting messages from kids either asking how I got to #4 on leaderboards or accusing me of cheating. haha

pureIso
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I keep getting messages from kids either asking how I got to #4 on leaderboards or accusing me of cheating. haha

haha same here but u can always do the stashbox glitch, which will be patched soon.

I am now able to get unlimited HP haha

TLOR FETT
03-12-2011, 02:29 PM
haha same here but u can always do the stashbox glitch, which will be patched soon.

I am now able to get unlimited HP haha

I am probabley going to overwrite my stashbox with the on your currently have psoted

pureIso
03-12-2011, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=TLOR FETT;9002]I am probabley going to overwrite my stashbox with the on your currently have psoted[/QUOTE

I am going to upload a final stash when I finish the game to 999 intead of 999999999 and all the rare useful items.

TLOR FETT
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Hav you tried adding gem slots to any items?

pureIso
03-12-2011, 02:42 PM
yeh it make them stronger :). You can also fuse two same gems to make 1 stronger version

pureIso
03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Cheating Death - Hardcore
================================================== =====================================
I usually don't mind dieing in games but my kid managed to get my character killed (LV 18 almost cleared the game
================================================== =====================================

Since I really don't want to start from lv 1 again here is the fix

Open the torchlight save and extract backup.tmp
remane it to 0.TSV and replace the on the save with it.
Load game
You just cheated death

13Dannyboy13
03-13-2011, 03:02 AM

Yeah, same thing happened to me, I used the stashbox and sold a bunch of stuff and within 10 minutes I had 3 messages from people asking how I had so much money.

TLOR FETT
03-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey PURE I got a weapon you may want set item "Berserker Spike" 285 DPS with 63 Life Leach

pureIso
03-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey PURE I got a weapon you may want set item "Berserker Spike" 285 DPS with 63 Life Leach

You can share your stash box with others if you want. I just completed the game now I just have to grind for the final achievement :( "Superstar"

doket
03-14-2011, 05:26 AM
You can share your stash box with others if you want. I just completed the game now I just have to grind for the final achievement :( "Superstar"

for getting superstar. u need to reach fame lv 33...

Idlehands88
03-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Hey guys, I found out how to mod Effect Values on equipment :P I have only found the values not the ID. I have equipment that give 1 billion % EXP bonus lol I'm lvl 100 and only have quest 2 completed. I'll post a picture/tiny tut later if you guys want.

pureIso
03-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, I found out how to mod Effect Values on equipment :P I have only found the values not the ID. I have equipment that give 1 billion % EXP bonus lol I'm lvl 100 and only have quest 2 completed. I'll post a picture/tiny tut later if you guys want.

Sure why not :) I might just go on my 3rd play through, what about fame?

TLOR FETT
03-14-2011, 02:20 PM

Yea we deff need to know how to do's this, and fame is a must as well for its only acheivo i think me and pure are missing.

Problem is I myself have not seen an item that increases fame ) :

game0606
03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
yeah a tut Idlehands88 would be great i don't even think im that far into the game im only level 16

Idlehands88
03-14-2011, 07:00 PM
1. Put all the items you want to mod into your "Shared Stash" chest (NOT the "Stash" chest)

2. Exit Game to save then return to dashboard

3. Extract your Gamesave off your xbox (USB, xport, etc.)

4. Open your save in Horizon (http://www.xboxmb.com/horizon)

5. Extract "sharedstash.bin" from your save

6. Open sharedstash.bin in a HEX Editor

7. Search for "FFFFFFFFFFFF0000006400000064"

8. Your Values start 13 bytes after the last 64 from the above hex code

PICTURE:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/idlehands88/TorchlightEffectModding.png

9. Save and exit HEX Editor

10. Replace your OLD sharedstash.bin with your modded one

11. Rehash and Resign

12. Replace your Save on your HDD/USB

13. Load up Torchlight from the Games Library

14. Load save and enjoy!

Change the values to anything between 4400 - 4800 (4400 = a few thousand, 4800 = a few hundred thousand)

Some items may have more than 1 effect. For example if an item has 4 effects (Add HP, Add MP, Ice Damage and Fire Damage). In HEX Editor you will have 4 different areas to mod. Item Names are in Upper and Lower case letters, and Effects are ALWAYS IN UPPER CASE.

NOTE: DO NOT PUT TOO HIGH OF A NUMBER FOR MOVEMENT SPEED, CASTING SPEED OR HEALTH. If you have too much Health, you will keep dying until you unequip it (if you can't unequip it before an Autosave, your character will stay dead as if you had Hardcore Mode on).

TLOR FETT
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
this is kicked my but (editing item values) you think you could load a shared stash with a modded exp ring and or modded Magic Find ring?

Idlehands88
03-14-2011, 07:36 PM
this is kicked my but (editing item values) you think you could load a shared stash with a modded exp ring and or modded Magic Find ring?

I'm not near my xbox atm. I am at college for another hour. I might upload a sharedstash later.

TLOR FETT
03-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm not near my xbox atm. I am at college for another hour. I might upload a sharedstash later.

Alrighty im still workign on it I made a -2147483648 decreased magic find ring

Idlehands88
03-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Instead of using a high number try using something like 4400, 4500 or 4600

TLOR FETT
03-14-2011, 08:20 PM
yea I have retired editing it 5 times and still have the same negative number so im feeling dumb, i will wait for one of you smart guys to post something. An exp ring and a magic find ring is and will be the shiznit

Idlehands88
03-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Here you go, in the stash is the "Ember Fish Eye" that gives you millions of % to EXP for 1 billion seconds :P

TLOR FETT
03-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Here you go, in the stash is the "Ember Fish Eye" that gives you millions of % to EXP for 1 billion seconds :P

Word to big bird, thanks man. I managed to mod a ring to give + 500 Magic Find

Countryboy
03-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Word to big bird, thanks man. I managed to mod a ring to give + 500 Magic Find

you know u can make it a lot higher than that just change the bytes after the 3f80 on the magic find but make sure to skip the 2 bytes of 00 right after the 3f80 then change every other byte to 48 until it becomes all zeros

Also does anyone know when there wil be an update for the game cuz i keep losing my saves after i mod them . It works correctly after i mod it but when i try to load it again at another time it just puts me at the create a character screen...:(

Countryboy
03-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Sure why not :) I might just go on my 3rd play through, what about fame?

Also pureiso there is an easy way to get max fame which is get to lvl 100 using exiles(idles) xp potion and then buy the maps that are for levels 20-??? and every champion kill u get will raise ur fame one level. And for some reason i was able to go above the fame title demigod which is the last one but then my fame title changed to unattainable lol but i was able to keep leveling up my fame i got to lvl 47 fame before my game randomly froze like it usually does which really sux cuz then i lose my character

TLOR FETT
03-15-2011, 04:23 AM
Also pureiso there is an easy way to get max fame which is get to lvl 100 using exiles(idles) xp potion and then buy the maps that are for levels 20-??? and every champion kill u get will raise ur fame one level. And for some reason i was able to go above the fame title demigod which is the last one but then my fame title changed to unattainable lol but i was able to keep leveling up my fame i got to lvl 47 fame before my game randomly froze like it usually does which really sux cuz then i lose my character

Takes me like 3 to 4 of the big guys to get my fame up a level but thanks for the tip it does help

Countryboy
03-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Takes me like 3 to 4 of the big guys to get my fame up a level but thanks for the tip it does help

Thats odd it only took me 1 for each lvl. r u lvl 100 and using the map scrolls?

Countryboy
03-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Ok for those of you that were have the same problem as me where u mod a save load it exit and then when u try to load it it just makes u make a new char i have found what is most likely the solution to everything my problem was i was using modio to extract my save and inject my save back into my usb DO NOT USE MODIO. I have started using SAIO for the same exact purpose only now my saves do not ever corrupt so therefore my theory is it was all bcuz of modio that my saves were corruptting :)

TLOR FETT
03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Ok for those of you that were have the same problem as me where u mod a save load it exit and then when u try to load it it just makes u make a new char i have found what is most likely the solution to everything my problem was i was using modio to extract my save and inject my save back into my usb DO NOT USE MODIO. I have started using SAIO for the same exact purpose only now my saves do not ever corrupt so therefore my theory is it was all bcuz of modio that my saves were corruptting :)

I have been using Modio every time so maybe your versionm of Modio is broke?

Countryboy
03-15-2011, 05:54 PM
maybe but its not only me that modios been screwin up saves for lol

pureIso
03-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I think its time we have havenIO!!

cyan
03-20-2011, 08:29 AM
just wondering if anyone have shared stash with permanent fish ?

elroco
07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone i want to thank for the great support,great tut and wonderfull sharedash :)
It helps so much & i hope there comes more sharedashes :D

thx

Kalibalas
08-26-2016, 04:00 AM
[QUOTE=Idlehands88;9304]Here you go, in the stash is the "Ember Fish Eye" that gives you millions of % to EXP for 1 billion seconds :P[/QEhm...

Ehm... Where exactly is the forementioned Ember Fish?