PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 kinda let me down

jmg28662
03-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I never played the first 1 but Crysis sucks. I just couldn't get into the game. Maybe they put way too much hype on it.

pureIso
03-21-2011, 10:52 PM
The first was way better maybe because I played the first on the pc. I am only playing Crysis 2 on xbox because I love achievements :(. I can't stand the graphics though and the controls are way too complex for my tiny brain!

8Ball
03-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I quite liked it, it was honestly one of the better games i've played this year.
I first ran through on easy to soak in the story and enjoy being an overpowered super trooper that hunts like the predator and absorbs bullets like a cow on a meat hook, i then moved to supersoldier and spent the whole game sneaking like a coward until victory, in the moments i actually got my hands dirty i couldn't tell what was actually meant to be harder, the enemies still died like vermin and i still made a mockery of the stealth system by sneaking into the water to regenerate before coming out to snap some necks and blow up some spore towers.

That said it is indeed nothing like the first one and the adverts are really terrible, they just started yesterday, days after i finished the game.

Ravanofdarkness
03-22-2011, 04:00 PM
It's not as Good as Crysis 1 but it's still very Good that they even managed to put Crysis 2 on the Xbox360 and make it run aswell as it does without breaking the Console.

TLOR FETT
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Should I have played Crysis 1 first, like am I going to not understand stuff whilst playing 2?

Ravanofdarkness
03-22-2011, 07:16 PM
There is enough Flashbacks in the Game and background Story that will cover most of the part that happend in Crysis 1.

longy999
03-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I agree with the OP, spent about an hour or so on it but its boring me to tears at the mo. The whole thing just feels too slow and clunky for my liking. Back to Dragon Age 2 for a bit then.......

MountaindewM
03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
So far I am on the Chapter, "Dead Man Walking" and I have come to realize the whole came is easy as hell if you just play it a certain way. Like you can't run and gun without the Armor ability and you can't be stealthy without going cloak. Now as far as the Thermal and the other vision mode I think they both are kinda useless. What I wonder though is if an enemy has thermal would they still see me or does the nano suit some how make me cloaked I wonder?

Anyway so far I like the game it's just not 100% awesome like everyone though since alot of what made the first game what it was, was the editor and the graphics since you could do so much. I just wish I had a reason to go away from the silenced pistol while using stealth since it one shot kills to the head and you don't have to walk up to a guy. Hell even stealth killing from behind temporarily makes you become unstealthed but shooting a weapon doesn't(it will remove the stealth if the shot drains all your power which most weapons do unless silenced and than they drain alot). Although the silenced pistol drains the power a tiny amount and seems so OP for just head shotting guys with a laser attached to it.

jmg28662
03-24-2011, 04:24 AM
So far I am on the Chapter, "Dead Man Walking" and I have come to realize the whole came is easy as hell if you just play it a certain way. Like you can't run and gun without the Armor ability and you can't be stealthy without going cloak. Now as far as the Thermal and the other vision mode I think they both are kinda useless. What I wonder though is if an enemy has thermal would they still see me or does the nano suit some how make me cloaked I wonder?

Anyway so far I like the game it's just not 100% awesome like everyone though since alot of what made the first game what it was, was the editor and the graphics since you could do so much. I just wish I had a reason to go away from the silenced pistol while using stealth since it one shot kills to the head and you don't have to walk up to a guy. Hell even stealth killing from behind temporarily makes you become unstealthed but shooting a weapon doesn't(it will remove the stealth if the shot drains all your power which most weapons do unless silenced and than they drain alot). Although the silenced pistol drains the power a tiny amount and seems so OP for just head shotting guys with a laser attached to it.
Yeah Silenced guns are OP in the game. Equip it with Iron Sight and hold down the Left analog stick and you get super snipage.

alig200
06-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Crysis 2 is nowhere near as good as Crysis 1 BUT. Its still a good game imo. Unfortuneately ive noticed bugs that seem to stop me from gaining any more process in the game. It seems more linear than Crysis 1 aswell but i expected that pre-release.

iagolocha
06-25-2011, 10:29 PM
its a nice game

RobtheBeeKay
07-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I think they should have concentrated on the MP more. Most of the game modes require you to be a very high rank. The graphics are nice but the gameplay was a little rubbish.

zer0
07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
I thought crysis 2 was fun, had it's moments but the multiplayer is horrible.

aurrous
08-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Multilayer is horrible. (well at least on the Xbox.) The achievements for multi-player are horrible. One requires you to be Number 1 in a 12 man deathmatch. which is screwy for a few reasons.. If you have a great connection VS poor connection same old lag story.. then you have the Level 15 VS 50 scenario. Then you have the Everyone is cloaked problem. Good luck with that.
Another achievement requires you to kill someone like 250 different kind of ways. (one is kill 6 people within 8 seconds.. ) lets go back to the lag and cloaked problem. there is the Wingman kill which no one is sure about.
play a game 6 months after the first.. and the always lovely reach level 50 which is probably about 300 hours of play. WHY! and the 250 unique dog tags which is nuts also.. it is better than Homefront, and Metal of dishonor thou. Single player was fun.

Taikyu
08-18-2011, 09:14 AM
I agree. I believe the game was too hyped up and I didn't think it was that great overall.

scenicrides
08-21-2011, 04:22 AM
I sold my copy today, just couldn't get into it. Everytime i put it in I would get mad as hell and dashboard the singleplayer. lol.

Maaku
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
I played the first one and i really enjoyed it so i thought the second one would have been just as good but i was wrong, the campaign was alright at best but the hardest mode is easily completed just by using stealth :/ and the multiplayer was poorly made aswell in my opinion, i havnt played the game in months