PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] possible way to unban your halo 4 bans.

reluctantkill3r
10-22-2012, 12:22 AM
sooo a friend sent me this in a email, im pretty sure the tutorial is copy and pasted from another site (idk where but it was posted by Alex Long according to my friend so all credit to him)i take no credit for it. That said i cant even tell you if it works. I'm in the process of helping a buddy try it out right now and ill update when we see what happens. let me know results if you try it.

video tut: not by me either ;]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oV9VbOj5WQ4#!

Requirements

A non-privated XBL account

-OR-

An XBL account with a plethora of friends
Friends that will do you a kind favor

Step 1 Change Your XBL Account

First, we need to log into our XBL account from the website and get everything ready.

Sign into the banned account via the Xbox website.
Edit your motto, bio or whatever you choose.
Replace the motto with any swear word, or combo of swear words. You can get creative if you want.

Step 2 Form Your Army

Now we need to get our group of buddies to help us out in a last-ditch effort to restore our account. In order for this to work, we must have our friends all gang up and report our account for foul language.

After enough people reporting you, the bot that controls short-term bans on Xbox Live will ban your account for just a few short weeks. When this happens, it causes a glitch on the XBL servers and it will unban your account after the ban-period for having foul language. Pretty clever, eh?

Here is my account back in working order:

(below words are from the original writer)

I can vouch that it has worked for more than just myself, but I've also heard that it doesn't work for some users. The issue is likely from Microsoft's end, so if you don't get your account back, I feel terrible for you and wish you the best of luck in resolving this.

As a last resort, you can always try to social engineer someone over the phone, and play dumb. You can also call and ask "Is the reason I am banned beause my DVD drive is broken?" because MS falsely bans quite often for uses with a malfunctioning DVD tray.

Edit: I forgot to mention if enough people try this, we can all help each other. And ill help even though i didnt get banned =D

simonsuade
10-22-2012, 01:05 AM
am confused... ok here is something you might have missed. when your BANNED- OU CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE SITE- i am banned-__-my stupid friend got me pre-played banned- so i tried to log on even now it just tell u your suspendid you cannot click on anything...

reluctantkill3r
10-22-2012, 05:04 AM
am confused... ok here is something you might have missed. when your BANNED- OU CANNOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE SITE- i am banned-__-my stupid friend got me pre-played banned- so i tried to log on even now it just tell u your suspendid you cannot click on anything...

follow the video to change your stuff.

Renegade
10-22-2012, 11:58 AM
You cannot and will not be unbanned. Nuff said' I'm sick of these threads going around everywhere when people think they know what they are talking about. They really don't.

Emerald Lance
10-22-2012, 09:39 PM
It's as simonsuade said: when your account is banned, you can't edit anything on the website. Maybe at one point this was viable, but it would have had to have been WAAAY long ago before MS had a chance to fix any potential exploits like this. I'm talking "before the first dash update" long ago.

Whoever you originally saw this from either posted this a long time ago or is a troll. Besides, even if it did work, MS would see that your ban status was changed and would re-ban you; if your original ban was temporary, they'd probably move it up to a permaban for trying to circumvent your ban.

I don't know the severity of bans handed out for playing Halo early, but as long as it's not a console ban then you can always just start a new profile. It would be a shame to be console banned because you were trying to bypass your original ban...