PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Assassin's Creed 3 Money Mod

Cr4nK
10-31-2012, 04:35 AM
Horizon
Hex Editor (I prefer Hex Workshop)
ASSASSINSCREED3SAVEGAME1A

1.- Get some Pounds between 1.000 and 9.000.

2.- make sure that it's all saved.

3.- Write down your money value and EXIT to the game's Main Menu

4.- Now exit to the dashboard, and extract ASSASSINSCREED3SAVEGAME1A to your PC

5.- Using an Hex editor (i use Hex Workshop), open your savegame and search for your money value in hexadecimal, but inverted:

5.- If your money value is 1234, then in hex would be 04D2 (4 characters), then inverted would be D204 (move 2 characters to the end).

6.- Search for possible matches; It SHOULD only return you with one value in the entire save file but if there's more, redo all steps after gaining some more money in the game.

6.- Once you find the right value, replace all 4 characters with FFFF, this would make your money amount change to 65535.

7.- Click Save in the hex editor. Rehash and resign as usual, then inject the file in your HDD/USB.

8.- Load up the game, it should recognize your save file and you should have £65.535 in your pocket.

*How To Mod Higher than 65535*

1) Get more than 68000 in currency in game (hex : 0109A0)
2) Reorder the hex to A00901 and change it to FFFFFF
3) Save it in hex editor and then close, then resign n rehash and inject the modded save back into your usb
4) Load up your save in assassin's creed 3 and it should say £16777215

Enjoy your high amount of currency.

Aesthetica
10-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks Bear-XS! This worked tremendously. Just some things I face while modding.

- My original money was at 1337 (seriously) which was 0539, so inverted it was 3905. I couldn't find a single match at all.

- Got back in game, sold some items off and got my money to 1187. Hex was 04A3, inverted A304. Huzzah! Found it. Change it to FFFF and it worked!

Maybe this is utter crap but maybe you'll need a Hexadecimal that contains alphabets and NOT JUST numbers alone. Also, this video helps too (its for AC2: Revelations but its the same steps and it works):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1NMu2-VPcg

69bigplayer69
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
u dont have to change the byte around if u look for (intel )

thegutta
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I have to give this a try later great share Bear :)

Game Wizard
10-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I have 1717 gold i get 1 instance i change the instance then i freeze when i load up save...
and no i am not new at this...
I rehashed and resigned and have no idea why it is not working

Any one want to give it a go and help let me know

cklalfred
11-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Thks for the informative written details. Now i am just waiting to get more than $68k.

ricky9999
11-01-2012, 05:20 PM
the game crashed after doing this! is this matter happen after TU2?

CloudStrife7x
11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
i would try this but i like to get money the old fashion way on this game lol

ricky9999
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM

hehe this way get my game crashed! Ill return to old fashion too ;)) but I still wonder why my game crashed :D

D3VILB3HINDYOU
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM

I am surprised :O

phrizz
11-02-2012, 01:54 AM
Every time I try this, with the exact same money as the second poster (1187), all I got after hitting start when the game loaded after selecting the thumb drive as storage (before even getting to SEE the list of saved games) I'm slammed with "FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED" and then I'm booted back to XMB. No idea what I'm doing wrong, I have never had an issue doing this mod on the previous AC games..

Any suggestions? I'm at a complete loss.

-EDIT TO ADD-
Same results when using the OP's 1234 money and changing D204 to FFFF. Epic fail and I don't know why, very irritating...

ricky9999
11-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Every time I try this, with the exact same money as the second poster (1187), all I got after hitting start when the game loaded after selecting the thumb drive as storage (before even getting to SEE the list of saved games) I'm slammed with "FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED" and then I'm booted back to XMB. No idea what I'm doing wrong, I have never had an issue doing this mod on the previous AC games..

Any suggestions? I'm at a complete loss.

-EDIT TO ADD-
Same results when using the OP's 1234 money and changing D204 to FFFF. Epic fail and I don't know why, very irritating...

hehe so there is a person has the same problem as mine
ur on jtag? n u r using only disk 1 to play?

phrizz
11-02-2012, 04:08 AM
hehe so there is a person has the same problem as mine
ur on jtag? n u r using only disk 1 to play?

RGH 1 with a CoolRunner on a Zephyr, and yes Disc 1 to play. Both from disc and installed, both resulting in the same crap failure *shakes head* Yet noooo issues with ANY of the previous AC games that were money-moddable

phrizz
11-02-2012, 04:12 AM
I spent 5 hours screwing around to no avail. Yet I downloaded the save file from the first post in this thread (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=19129-assassins-creed-3-hex-edit-money.html) and that one worked perfectly fine aside from the fact it's about three-four missions before where I'm at and naturally has that users save name (pet peeve, I want my sheit to show up as me, phrizz, not "Ranger"). Talk about excruciatingly aggravating!

ricky9999
11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
RGH 1 with a CoolRunner on a Zephyr, and yes Disc 1 to play. Both from disc and installed, both resulting in the same crap failure *shakes head* Yet noooo issues with ANY of the previous AC games that were money-moddable

same prob here! trainer is good but the money amount is too much! Im turn back to old fashion n waiting for new solution :))

phrizz
11-02-2012, 04:32 AM
same prob here! trainer is good but the money amount is too much! Im turn back to old fashion n waiting for new solution :))

I hear ya, I gotta lay down before I start destroying things I can't afford to replace. I have to be up in about 6hrs for work. It's juuust sooo iirrriitating *short fused*. Hopefully something comes along soon, who knows. It IS good to know it's happening to others who are JTAG/RGH'd and not just something stupid that I'm screwing up.

ricky9999
11-02-2012, 04:41 AM
I hear ya, I gotta lay down before I start destroying things I can't afford to replace. I have to be up in about 6hrs for work. It's juuust sooo iirrriitating *short fused*. Hopefully something comes along soon, who knows. It IS good to know it's happening to others who are JTAG/RGH'd and not just something stupid that I'm screwing up.

hehe same here! luckily earning in this AS3 is quite faster than the others.

ghettobomb
11-02-2012, 08:23 AM
@ GameWizard

i had pretty much the same amount as you when i tried it, and nothing happened got my money to 1060 tried it again and worked did notice when i saw the 1060 after finding the hex there was a $ in the data inspector. hope that helps out

Yeul
11-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Just tried that method...

Well, the first part worked but I can't seem to mod it above 68000.

I have 68047 and I just tried modding it but the game crashes when I load it up.

:/

nautica
11-02-2012, 02:29 PM
this money mod thing isn't an exact science, sometimes you DO have to sell a few things or get more money to yield the right result - im pretty sure that's why you don't see editors out there (with the exception of the one for AC2 in Horizon...

Aesthetica
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Just tried that method...

Well, the first part worked but I can't seem to mod it above 68000.

I have 68047 and I just tried modding it but the game crashes when I load it up.

:/

I had crashing issues too when I had my money valued at 73280 [inverted-hexa: 401E01]. Sold off some items, got it to about 68775 [inverted-hexa: A70C01] and it worked.
Speculation here, maybe it'll work if the inverted-hexa starts with A?

Here's a screenshot of my game (sorry for the shitty camera-phone quality, don't have a capture device):

phrizz
11-02-2012, 05:40 PM
this money mod thing isn't an exact science, sometimes you DO have to sell a few things or get more money to yield the right result - im pretty sure that's why you don't see editors out there (with the exception of the one for AC2 in Horizon...

That's all fine, dandy and frankly not shocking at all. However, when I'm reproducing the identical setups (money-wise) as all the examples that have been given & confirmed working yet my game still throws up the "FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED" error and boots me to XMB/NXE, it makes zero sense and no one can even begin to explain why this is happening.

I don't doubt one bit that this works & requires a bit of trial and error, it's no different than with all previous AC games, but for whatever reason this is the first and only time I have ever experienced such a headache simply trying to loot some extra cash the "easy" way. Not to mention this is the first time I have ever seen the "FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED" error. As I said in previous posts, it's just ridiculously irritating considering this is far from the first time I have done the hex edit money mod in AC games. My situation, simply put, sucks. lol

CornGuard
11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
This worked perfect for me. modded my money to just a little over 1.5mill using this method.
Only crashed on me twice, just sold a few things and tried again, and it worked :)

phrizz
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
This worked perfect for me. modded my money to just a little over 1.5mill using this method.
Only crashed on me twice, just sold a few things and tried again, and it worked :)

I keep seeing people say they had an occasional crash when attempting this, but never anything specific about their "crash"...Did your game simply lock up? Did you get the error I got & then booted back to the dash? Please elaborate a little. I'm not picking on you, I'm just curious about what others "crash" experiences are/were.

Yeul
11-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Haha, thanks a bunch.

Yeah, so following your steps, well I just made it 68000 on the spot after looting and dropping coins lol

And it finally worked. :D

Great tutorial!

NOTE: Not all hex values will work. Buy/Sell Loot/Drop till you think it's able or try to get 68000 on the spot and it will work definite. :)

CornGuard
11-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I keep seeing people say they had an occasional crash when attempting this, but never anything specific about their "crash"...Did your game simply lock up? Did you get the error I got & then booted back to the dash? Please elaborate a little. I'm not picking on you, I'm just curious about what others "crash" experiences are/were.

Yes, i get a "Fatal freeze" too... Im playing on a retail so it dosn't reboot on its own, i have to manually reboot it when it does it... But yes, im pretty sure it crashes just the same as you are talking about when it does it.
And its just when you hit "single player" from the main menu...

But using a little money and trying again worked for me..

EDIT: Do you get more than 1 result? A few times i got 5 results, those times it was result nr. 2 that was the right one :)

OriginalRaitan
11-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Can't seem to get the next money hex to work. I got the 65000 one just fine, but I cant get the 16 mil one. I now have my cash at 70500. Any help please?

phrizz
11-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Yes, i get a "Fatal freeze" too... Im playing on a retail so it dosn't reboot on its own, i have to manually reboot it when it does it... But yes, im pretty sure it crashes just the same as you are talking about when it does it.
And its just when you hit "single player" from the main menu...

But using a little money and trying again worked for me..

EDIT: Do you get more than 1 result? A few times i got 5 results, those times it was result nr. 2 that was the right one :)

Thank you for the detail regarding your specific crash. I have attempted the initial mod (to simply get the initial 6800 or w/e) with about four or five different amounts of money. First and second tries were with exactly 1234 and 1187 (as per posts one and two) to no avail. I tried again with 1212, 1247 and 1279. If I remember correctly, only one of these values returned more than a single result/hit in hex, and there were only two results; I tried changing the first, fail, then the second, fail, and then both all resulting in the FATAL CRASH & booted back to dash bs (and it's right after hitting "single player" from main menu like you mentioned).

The ONLY thing I can think of at this point is that it has something to do with my system being RGH'd, but I went back to some of my original AC2, ACB and ACR saves prior to money mods being applied, modded them again the same way with no problems on the same console so even the fact that I'm RGH'd sort of seems irrelevant regarding this money mod.

I don't know where else to even go in the process now, feels like I've tried everything. Quite frankly I highly doubt that if I uploaded some of my saves with the random money amounts I mentioned for someone else to mod won't make a difference; hex editing isn't new to me nor is hex editing something as cake as AC money mods. This one is just kicking my ass and laughing at me for whatever reason unfortunately :/

Serious_M
11-03-2012, 10:03 AM
very nice tut Bear-XS

phrizz
11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
GOT IT! Finally! No more FATAL CRASH errors and my wallet is now holding 65535.

For what it's worth, I had 1696 coin (A006 inv. hex). Only one result came back and the hex just before A006 was the 1D that was mentioned either in this thread or another thread here. Regardless, I finally got it to work so I'm happy...at least until I want to money-mod up for the big bucks later on :P

phrizz
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Just wanted to follow up on my money mod.

I had a helluva time obtaining the right amount of money for it to work (AC3 may not have been patched to eliminate the mods, but they do seem more difficult), however, after some trial & error I was able to reach the big money with the following:

Exactly 68770 in my wallet (inv. hex = A20C01), it returned one single result in hex workshop, changed the six characters to FF FF FF, save/rehash/resign, inject save, overwrite, popped the thumb drive back in my 360 and started my save to see the wonderful amount of 16777215 in my money satchel.

AC3 seems to be more picky than previous AC's, but it just takes some trial & error. Stick with it, you WILL eventually get it working and you will love it once it does :)

bloodsweeper
11-05-2012, 05:30 PM
For me Nothing, I've Tried in thousand examples... 75k,68.998, 90.000 and more & more but none of the values was correct! Only Crashes...any help? my trial & errors sucks!!! :D

the first attemps works fine till 65545....

Emerald Lance
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Maybe this is utter crap but maybe you'll need a Hexadecimal that contains alphabets and NOT JUST numbers alone. Also, this video helps too (its for AC2: Revelations but its the same steps and it works):]
No, that's not the case. In hex, the letters ARE numbers. It's just a different way of counting. Normally we go from 0-9 and then the next zero, which is 10-19, 20-29, and so on; with hex it works the same way, but there are more numbers before the next zero, so it's 0-F, then 10-1F, 20-2F, and so on from there. In other words, the game doesn't take into account whether there are letters or numbers in the hex, because when it reads it, it reads it all as numbers.

u dont have to change the byte around if u look for (intel )
A regular hex value is in a format called big endian. When you flip the bytes around, you're converting it into little endian. When people say "reversed byte order" they usually mean little endian (maybe they don't know that there's a name for it). Applying the Intel filter automatically converts the value to little endian for you, so it saves you the trouble.

Personally, I prefer to convert it manually, because it just isn't as reliable to let it happen automatically, especially with this game where the bytes are sometimes stored separately from each other. But, for those that don't feel comfortable with manual conversion, it's important to know that that option is on the table.

GOT IT! Finally! No more FATAL CRASH errors and my wallet is now holding 65535.

For what it's worth, I had 1696 coin (A006 inv. hex). Only one result came back and the hex just before A006 was the 1D that was mentioned either in this thread or another thread here. Regardless, I finally got it to work so I'm happy...at least until I want to money-mod up for the big bucks later on :P
In my experience, the value for money is always proceeded by 1D. Also, the higher the value of your money, the more complicated the game might store it. Sometimes the values aren't together.

I've described it in more detail here (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=19129-assassins-creed-3-hex-edit-money-6.html#post152828).

Evil Dead
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
So is this the only way of modding money? Is it safe to assume that there will not be an editor?

Emerald Lance
11-06-2012, 06:46 AM
There might be in the future. It isn't all that different from modding the money in the past games, and there are editors for those, so I don't see why not. That said, dynamic values are harder to code for, especially when they get thrown all over the place like the ones for this game tend to be. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a wait for an editor for this game.

It can definitely happen. I just doubt it will happen soon.

darthroker29
11-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I cant seem to find mine or Im just looking it the wrong way. I have 71091 which equals to 000115B3. Now inverted that would be B3150100 right? Still nothing comes up.....I cant figure this out -___-
Any help would be appreciate it.

pacmanrulez
11-08-2012, 01:43 AM
After all the damn glitches in this game I really done mind modding my game save for a bit of extra quid :-D totally worked the first time round too :-D

Emerald Lance
11-08-2012, 11:05 PM
I cant seem to find mine or Im just looking it the wrong way. I have 71091 which equals to 000115B3. Now inverted that would be B3150100 right? Still nothing comes up.....I cant figure this out -___-
Any help would be appreciate it.
Follow the link I posted. I explained why people are having a hard time finding their money.

Acehii
11-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Can someone Please mod my save? My current Money (Well Connor's) is $72763.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1u14964qkyy8918

I managed to do it the first time, but I can not find the value to get it to 16m.
Thanks in advance if someone can help me out. If not Happy gaming anyways.

Never Mind.. After about 20 attempts at loading up and freezing, I finally got it to work. In my case my hex code was 2 number from !D. :) Happy Gaming every one.

whatisyourproblem
12-09-2012, 01:09 PM
this is hat i was looking for, thank you :)

gamer4life1983
01-01-2013, 06:04 PM
e[ic worked like a charm! none of the editors were working for me.

Klebo
02-01-2013, 04:23 PM
This is the only game that has allowed me to actually use this method without it crashing. Great guide thanks :)

springythings
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
thanks alot

Royi
07-25-2013, 04:06 AM
Got it to work :) TY

On my hex conversion, my "code" appeared 3 times within the data, first 2 caused my game to freeze right when I clicked "single player". 3rd one worked like a charm :)

Just make sure to backup your saves in case you accidentally change the wrong information and forget where you edited it.

Ty for tips ~

PS Also I made sure to have my Hex code contain a letter as another poster said. Made it a bit more easier to narrow down the matches too possibly. I just typed "convert 1217 to hex" into a Bing search and it popped up 0x4C1 (04C1) as my answer. used HxD and searched for "C1 04" and found and edited the match there to FF FF.

captaincheater
07-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks, cant wait to try this.