PDA

View Full Version : Wii-U hacked already?

xBASSxMONSTAx
11-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Apparently this person on NeoGAF has already got into the Wii U debug menu and ended with options to delete admin accounts and such. Thankfully he hasn't said how he did it yet.

Will update more when I get the info.

Pics for proof:

http://i.imgur.com/qTXmK.jpg
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/40/ibwroofjao8xcw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9LHlc.jpg

CloudStrife7x
11-19-2012, 02:31 AM
nintendo sucks at security lmao, and i saw this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAKfQSsMIcw

they are protesting trying to stop the Wii U from being hacked, looks like it didnt help haahahah :lol:

i also read on another forum that nintendo has fixed the issue

Emerald Lance
11-19-2012, 08:53 AM
I have a soft modded Wii and I love it. The idea of running games from a USB drive is just too alluring (and, in some cases, necessary, as my console can't play dual-layered discs). I'd love to mod the Wii U in some way later down the road, when the custom IOSes (assuming the Wii U still uses an IOS-based system) allow for more of the official features.

I feel so sorry for people who are still running 3.3 on their Wiis. I'm running 4.2 and love it! I want to wait until the Wii U has been around for a little while before I try modding it.

xBASSxMONSTAx
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RBQG8As7Rs
This hack revolves around the Super Smash Bros. Brawl exploit that allows for the execution of unsigned code. It’s called Smash Stack*and is one of the more popular ways of getting homebrew code running on the old, last-gen Wii.

Of course [wraggster]‘s hack is dependent on the fact the classic Wii has been open for homebrew development for*years now, and only works because of the Wii U’s ability to play classic Wii games. This probably isn’t the direction Wii U hackers want to go into, but it does provide a way for anyone to get into the Wii U system without using any new tricks.

Let me stress this: the Hackmii installer (1.0) does NOT WORK. There may eventually be a version released that does work (I've been testing different beta exploits, to no success so far), but for now, nothing that requires Hackmii, uses current kernel exploits, or uses AHBPROT will work. That includes Devolution, USB loaders, cIOS installers, and Wii linux.
Nintendo can NOT patch Stack Smash using their current architecture. While it's definitely technically possible, it'd require a lot of work on their part, and could result in SSBB being unstable for all users. Plus, they most likely already knew Stack Smash worked before this video, so this isn't going to cause it to be fixed.

Nintendo got pwned on day 1. :lol:

No doubt this could lead to bigger things.

voidmage09
11-21-2012, 05:06 AM
when i heard this i started to lol my ass off

Destructinoid
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I had about this which would probably be the only reason I get a Wii-U.

thegutta
03-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Yup same here only reason why I would get one lol

SiN
03-15-2013, 02:01 PM
This why is you don't rush product.... Take notes MS.. PS4.....lol
lets face it, it was bound to happen.. just not that soon...

bit.zero
03-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Huh? That was fast...

homework
03-18-2013, 02:17 PM
People are too godly for Nintendo.

SiN
03-18-2013, 03:41 PM
People are too godly for Nintendo.

Lol... yep....

I think there should be a open source video console....lol

ShadyShadow
03-21-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm actually surprised this happen all too quickly.

Emerald Lance
03-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Whenever Nintendo releases a new system, people always rush to hack it. The funny part is that Nintendo intentionally held off on releasing the Wii U (to both allow software to be developed for it and to refine it as best as they could) because they viewed the 3DS as having been released too soon, and yet the Wii U was hacked almost immediately after launch while people are STILL trying to gain full access to the 3DS's kernel (other than that one guy who said he was able to but neglected to tell anybody how).

I definitely want a modded Wii U. Though I might get two consoles, just in case Nintendo has really decided to get serious about anti-hacking and begins issuing bans for modded consoles being used online (like MS does with JTAGs). Ideally, I'd prefer the soft-modded route; safer and cleaner than messing with all that soldering, but it's also easier for Nintendo to detect and fix.

just_a_thief
03-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Since this was kind of old news, and I don't remember anything serious coming from this particular hack, has there been any other whispers or rumors?
Been holding off on buying a Wii U, but some homebrew would make me hit the store pretty fast :D

maddogtime
03-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I think patience is the key here although it was a lot of fun watching the Wii hacking community evolve in leaps and bounds - have one softmod and one chipped Wii-console meself. Nintendo are the absolute rulers when it comes to keeping a whole family entertained. Would be surprised if not marcan(?) and the other guys who did the superb BootMii and HB Channel stuff are gonna hit this one like a ton of bricks :) The future is bright and shiny and MODDED.

JxREALx27
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Really interested to see where this goes. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

ConnorMacLeod
04-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds awesome.....

Emerald Lance
04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
The Wii U will be modded, it's just a question of how in-depth and when. I can't wait to see where it all goes. The Smash Bros modding community on the Wii U is gonna be insane!

shinji200
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
poor Nintendo, but I guess this is a reason to get one..

VinceRusso
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
this is awesome i was waiting until they discovered something to make games play for free now i should buy one

JxREALx27
10-28-2013, 04:11 AM
This would be the best bday present if by 2014 it becomes possible!